My new 67 Cmaro Prostreet - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 08, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

My new 67 Cmaro Prostreet

Pics of my new 67 Prostreet Camaro. I just installed the Billet Specialties Street Lites. I need get more photos loaded from out in the sun. It is backhalfed with coilovers. The tires are 325/50/15's MT's. I tried to get a 30" under there but the wheel well opening was to small.

http://community.webshots.com/user/erikbeckett

67 Camaro Pro Street, 540 Bill Mitchell Merlin big block, Merlin Aluminum heads, Holley 870, hydraulic camshaft, 2" Hooker Super Comp headers, Mallory and Crane ignition system, TH400, 2600 stahl, Ford 9" w/ 4:10 gears and posi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 08, 04:29 PM
Senior Tech
David

Re: My new 67 Cmaro Prostreet

Eric,
That's a very nice '67 you've got . That black paint looks awesome!!

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 08, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Thanks David! I wish they would of chopped the rearend alittle more but they didn't. Those are 15x10 rims with 6.5" backspacing. I could of easily fit a 15x12 but that would be some crazy backspacing. I have plenty of rim with in the frame rails but I think it looks good. It came with 29 x 12.50's Sportsmans but the MT onlyt had 28's or 30's. I hope to take it toi the track this weekend. I got my battery shut off done, I just need the harnesses and I am set.

Erik

67 Camaro Pro Street, 540 Bill Mitchell Merlin big block, Merlin Aluminum heads, Holley 870, hydraulic camshaft, 2" Hooker Super Comp headers, Mallory and Crane ignition system, TH400, 2600 stahl, Ford 9" w/ 4:10 gears and posi.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 08, 05:55 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Eric, thats a mighty clean looking 67 you've got there...What do you think the ET is going to be..

PRO.ST69orange

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 08, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Not sure yet. My previous small block 383 ran 11.95 with no traction bars or anything. This has 630hp and 605lb of torque. I have a mild tune on it until I can figure out a few issues. I also put the most horsepower robbing fan on so I don't have any issues cooling this summer. I can tell you this fan will eat up .2 tenths in the quarter. I had one on my last car was at 12.13 all day long. I took it off and ran 11.95 on the next pass.

i can't wait to see what it will run. I assume low 11's and hopefully high 10's.

Erik

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 08, 02:10 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Sounds like you'le have a fun ride good luck....

PRO.ST69orange

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 08, 03:16 AM
James

Awesome !!

I love this new (for me) attitude to power........yeah its normally aspirated with only a mild tune at 630bhp !!! I have spent soooooo much money on cars to reach that level in the past !! Why oh why didnt I go for a big vee so much sooner !!! lol

Car looks pretty sweet fella,

J.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 08, 04:18 AM
Senior Tech
Jerry

Outstanding!!!! Nice Camaro Erik. I think that size tire filled the wheelwells nicely.

Jerry

67 RS coupe, Black
68 Pro street Torch Red, blown 427
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 08, 05:20 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Erik,

Nice car. I see you figured out how to post pictures. Did you figure anything out on your rear brakes?

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 08, 05:27 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

No I didn't find anything out yet. Well, I guess I did I mean but I have to tear the calipers apart. I was under the car last night and I disconnected the ebrake cable and the passenger side ebrake lever only moved 1/4-1/2" and the drivers side moved atleast an inch. And thats the side that has a tad bit of fluid on the rim. I will try and get that tool today and adjust them out some.

Erik

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 08, 05:08 AM
Senior Tech
Matt

Send a message via AIM to Blade

very nice. I have myself a 67.

Got to give the PEOPLE what they want!

Look....if you wanna be the best then you gotta take out the best!

1967 Prostreet Camaro
BB 431 650hp
400 Turbo Trans
Ford 9" 4:56 gears

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 08, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

No luck on the rear brakes yet. I ordered a new caliper from NAPA. It should be here next week. The Ford versailles Caliper ebrake lever on the drivers side easliy ratchets like 1.5" and the rubber boot arouns the piston is missing is one section. i shouldn't say missing but not sealed up right. I assume that acts as a vacuum leak or something. I should just bite the bullt and buy the Wiwoods.

Erik

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 08, 11:19 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

The back calipers could be the problem. If that rubber seal is cracked or missing it will leak brake fluid. Did you figure out the correct way to get the caliper off.

I will be selling my setup off the back of my car if you are looking for spares. I plan on putting the whole setup on ebay.

Also be careful with the wilwoods as some calipers wont fit the Street Lite rims.

Mike

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 08, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Mike, when do you think your setup will be available? I really do not want ot spend the money on the Wilwoods yet. I prefer to get through this summer with what I have. If your stuff is in good working order I would like to see what you want for it. I have a feeling the Wilwoods would not be just a bolt on and go deal. I am not sure about all the fittings and stuff like that. My setup is really in good shape, just one bad caliper I guess.

I can get a complete set up lines and everything except hardlines from www.hotrodheaven.com for around $1700 including the Wilwood master cylinder.

Erik

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 08, 01:03 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Erik,

I plan on taking mine off when I get back onshore. I should have them changed out in about 2 to 3 weeks. My Baers are shipping from Jegs on the 8th. Then I will be putting on my brakes and new tires / rims. I'll let you know when I am done.

Also check out www.larryhodgeracing.com for the brakes. That is who I got my rims from. He gave me a great deal.

Mike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode