Billet Specialities Street Lite Rims and Tires - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old May 16th, 08, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Billet Specialities Street Lite Rims and Tires

I got the new Billet Specialities Street Lite rims and tires mounted. Also the Baer Serious Street Brakes installed. What do you think about them.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old May 16th, 08, 08:33 PM
Senior Tech
Greg

Re: Billet Specialities Street Lite Rims and Tires

Looks very nice..I like them.and also a very nice car.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old May 16th, 08, 08:41 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

Mike your car looks like it at any moment might snap a serious hole shot... It look pretty dam mean.. Nice ride..And the rims are sick.

I NEED TO HIT THE LOTTERY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old May 16th, 08, 11:27 PM
Senior Tech
Jerry

Mike,

Your Camaro looks great with the new wheels and Baer brakes! It changed the whole look of the car. It looked cool with the Convo-Pros, but it will really stand apart now!

Jerry

Jerry

67 RS coupe, Black
68 Pro street Torch Red, blown 427
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old May 17th, 08, 07:38 AM
Senior Tech
David

Mike,
The Street Lite rims look fantastic. They made a dramatic change the overall appearance of the car. I am now totally jealous. .Btw,what size are those M/T Street Radials? I want to at least replace the bias ply M/T's on the rear with the new radial tire.

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old May 17th, 08, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Thanks guys for the compliments.

Jerry, Yes I have to get used to it without the Convo-Pros.

David, The back tires are 33x22x15. They actually measure 32 inches tall. They are about 1-1/4" shorter than my ET streets. The ET streets measure 33 inches tall so the back sits lower now. They spin real easy compared to the ET streets. You can barely give it gas and it will spin the tires, plus I fill like I am in high school again because when I shift to second gear it shirps the tires. I might buy another set of back rims and mount my Et Streets to them and I can change the back tires when I want to. I went with the SR Radials because I have been caught in the rain and It was not any fun. Plus the wife was freaking out with the car slipping and sliding. Ya gotta keep the wife happy.

Mike

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old May 17th, 08, 08:05 AM
Senior Tech
David

Thanks for the info Mike. I've been in rain 1 time with my M/T's(bias ply) it was not fun at all.They still have very good tread on them now but that will probably change when the Camaro gets back on the street with more "horses" under my right foot.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old May 17th, 08, 09:49 AM
Senior Tech
Marc

I absolutely LOVE your car! The stance is perfect, can't say enough about it. However, what is that between the exhaust tips? If its what I think it is, I respectfully tell you that it really detracts from the car. I mean REALLY does.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old May 17th, 08, 07:08 PM
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS69Cam View Post
I absolutely LOVE your car! The stance is perfect, can't say enough about it. However, what is that between the exhaust tips? If its what I think it is, I respectfully tell you that it really detracts from the car. I mean REALLY does.
..........I see nothing wrong with Mike's Camaro.It's without a doubt a very nice Camaro with excellent craftsmanship. It's better than my Camaro.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old May 17th, 08, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

David,
Thanks for the compliment. There is nothing wrong with your camaro. It is very nice. Some cars have [email protected] and some dont. Now I believe your car with your NEW motor will have [email protected] also.

Mike

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old May 18th, 08, 08:30 AM
Senior Tech
Royce

The rims really woke up the cars appearance. Very nice car!

Royce (NO XQSSS) Bradley

(brief sound/video clip, 3 1/2" exhaust through Borla Sportsman mufflers)
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old May 18th, 08, 01:10 PM
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreet69camaro View Post
David,
Thanks for the compliment. There is nothing wrong with your camaro. It is very nice. Some cars have [email protected] and some dont. Now I believe your car with your NEW motor will have [email protected] also.
......might have to find me a "set" for my Camaro. I found out Friday the 16th(May) that my Lemons headers will not be finished in time for the engine install next weekend.8 weeks has turned into 12!!! That won't stop the installation because the set that I ordered are the individual flange design that can be installed with the engine in the car. 2 tubes on each side install from the top and the other 2 install from the bottom. I'm gonna have the car on a 4 post lift in a friends shop so the header install shouldn't be a problem.I'm also changing the engine pulleys from V groove to serpentine style as I've had a difficult time in the past with alternator belts either stretching or breaking because of the March alternator bracket used with stock V groove pulleys.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old May 27th, 08, 04:12 PM
Tech Team
Chris

Great looking ride!! What size rims and tires are you running in the front?? (backspacing??)

1969 Camaro Prostreet 406ci (Jensen engine)
1998 Camaro Z28 M6 370ci Lq4
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old May 28th, 08, 04:12 AM
Senior Tech
Matt

Send a message via AIM to Blade

Man that looks great. What is the weight differeance?

Got to give the PEOPLE what they want!

Look....if you wanna be the best then you gotta take out the best!

1967 Prostreet Camaro
BB 431 650hp
400 Turbo Trans
Ford 9" 4:56 gears

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old May 28th, 08, 04:41 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

Car (and wheels) looks great -- are those the Marquez Design billet tail lights?

==Doug
Former
owner
Former
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode