headers - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old May 28th, 08, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Matt

Send a message via AIM to Blade
headers

Alright I am notice that I am gonna need new headers. I have only a 1 1/2 tubbing and that isnt gonna work with that motor. I was wondering that headers you guys are running and what would you suggest?

Just a little info about the motor, 431 bb around 650 hp roller motor nitrous.

thanks

Got to give the PEOPLE what they want!

Look....if you wanna be the best then you gotta take out the best!

1967 Prostreet Camaro
BB 431 650hp
400 Turbo Trans
Ford 9" 4:56 gears

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old May 28th, 08, 03:19 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Re: headers

Matt,

I have the Hooker Super Comps # 2205. They are 2" pipe. They fit pretty nice with power steering. I believe you have a rack so it should not matter. Only thing I dont like about them is the driver side sits lower and I have smashed both sides because my car sits very low. I was running about a 26" tall front tire and changed to a 28" tall tire. That helped alot. If I was to buy a set again I would buy Lemmons but they are over twice as much money.

1969ProStreetCamaro ( david ) just ordered a set from Lemmons. He can tell you all about them.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old May 28th, 08, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreet69camaro View Post
Matt,

I have the Hooker Super Comps # 2205. They are 2" pipe. They fit pretty nice with power steering. I believe you have a rack so it should not matter. Only thing I dont like about them is the driver side sits lower and I have smashed both sides because my car sits very low. I was running about a 26" tall front tire and changed to a 28" tall tire. That helped alot. If I was to buy a set again I would buy Lemmons but they are over twice as much money.

1969ProStreetCamaro ( david ) just ordered a set from Lemmons. He can tell you all about them.

Thanks, I think the 69 we have has the same ones because they sit really low. And the ground has smashed them up. I just went on to jegs and its seems that they all are 1 5/8s

1967 Prostreet Camaro
BB 431 650hp
400 Turbo Trans

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old May 28th, 08, 05:10 PM
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreet69camaro View Post
Matt,

My Lemons Headers will be delivered this week. I ordered part # BBPT-600. They are an individual header flange design which allows for installation of the headers with the engine in the car. 2 tubes install from the top and 2 tubes install from the bottom on each side. They are designed to provide excellent ground clearance. According to Dan Lemons, they will be higher than the oil pan in the car. My header tubes are 2 1/4".
They are, of course,equal length tubes. They are designed to work with small block or big block frame mounts. All tubes are fabricated to fit between the frame rails and work with or without power steering.
Here are some pics from Dan's Website.........

Here is the link to the BBPT-600 headers if you want to check them out. They are expensive but the quality of work is impressive!!!!!!!!!

http://www.lemonsheaders.com/products/bbpt-600.htm

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old May 28th, 08, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Matt

those things look great.

1967 Prostreet Camaro
BB 431 650hp
400 Turbo Trans

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old May 28th, 08, 06:24 PM
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts01ES View Post
those things look great.
They'll look even better when they are in the engine compartment of your '67.

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old May 28th, 08, 07:32 PM
Senior Tech
Royce

I have a set of Lemons headers as well. They are GREAT pieces. Mine were one off custom headers for my car but, it was money well spent. I happen to live close enough (~3 hours) and took my car down to them. VERY good people to deal with. I don't leave my car with anyone and they are the only people to touch it other than me. If you have the extra coin they are worth it. They will fit and fit right.

Royce (NO XQSSS) Bradley

(brief sound/video clip, 3 1/2" exhaust through Borla Sportsman mufflers)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old May 29th, 08, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969ProStreetCamaro View Post
They'll look even better when they are in the engine compartment of your '67.

lol

1967 Prostreet Camaro
BB 431 650hp
400 Turbo Trans

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode