Way to go Mike! - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 08, 05:43 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Jerry

Way to go Mike!

Mike,

Congrats on winning all the big awards in Somerville!

http://www.hotrodhappenings.com/Even...byMcClurg.html

Lots of Pro Street cars! Very Cool

Jerry

Jerry

67 RS coupe, Black
68 Pro street Torch Red, blown 427
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 08, 06:31 AM
Senior Tech

Re: Way to go Mike!

Ditto here, Mike. Something to be proud of!capt

Bumper sticker- I'm not SPEEDING
I'm QUALIFYING!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 08, 04:46 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Congrats Mike,hopefully this kind of thing will happen for me if it ever gets on the street...

PRO.ST69orange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 08, 06:40 PM
Senior Tech
David

Congratulations Mike.

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 08, 08:50 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Thanks Guys,

I am heading to Ohio for vacation on wednesday but Iam not taking my car. Going to Goodguys in Columbus and will be driving my buddies 67 corvette. At least I will be going to the show in a car.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 08, 05:18 PM
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreet69camaro View Post
Thanks Guys,

I am heading to Ohio for vacation on wednesday but Iam not taking my car. Going to Goodguys in Columbus and will be driving my buddies 67 corvette. At least I will be going to the show in a car.

Mike,
How was your vacation to Columbus,Ohio for the Goodguys show?

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 08, 08:34 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

We are going this weekend. Leaving on friday to Columbus.

Mike

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 08, 07:47 PM
Senior Tech
David

Mike,
Tell us about your vacation i.e. the Goodguys show.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 08, 08:07 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Hey David,

It was awesome. I got there friday at 1:00pm to register and I was #5312. They had aleast 6000 cars there. The manufactures midway was gigantic. We have our Goodguys in Fort Worth Motor Speedway and just the manufactures midway was as big as the inside of the track. They had the road course open friday and there was a few camaros and mustangs trashing on there cars. DSE was there with there test car. They announced the 5 contenders for the Street Machine of the year. 4 of the 5 were 69 camaros. Go figure. They had some bad a$$ camaros in the Pro Picks and they had to have at least 300K in some of them cars. It rained saturday afternoon on and off. Sunday rained in the morning then by 11:00 it was clear. It is definitely a show you need to go to. I figured it would be a mess getting in the show with that many cars but it wasnt bad at all. The weather was like 60 at night and about 85 in the day. I got home Monday and it was 98 degrees.

My buddies 66 Corvette that I drove to the show.

A 7/8 scale 69 camaro. It took the guy 10 years to build and he drove it to the show. You can tell he was back in the 70's. It had shag carpet on the inside.

Mike

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 08, 04:58 AM
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreet69camaro View Post
Hey David,

It was awesome. I got there friday at 1:00pm to register and I was #5312. They had aleast 6000 cars there. The manufactures midway was gigantic. We have our Goodguys in Fort Worth Motor Speedway and just the manufactures midway was as big as the inside of the track. They had the road course open friday and there was a few camaros and mustangs trashing on there cars. DSE was there with there test car. They announced the 5 contenders for the Street Machine of the year. 4 of the 5 were 69 camaros. Go figure. They had some bad a$$ camaros in the Pro Picks and they had to have at least 300K in some of them cars. It rained saturday afternoon on and off. Sunday rained in the morning then by 11:00 it was clear. It is definitely a show you need to go to. I figured it would be a mess getting in the show with that many cars but it wasnt bad at all. The weather was like 60 at night and about 85 in the day. I got home Monday and it was 98 degrees.

My buddies 66 Corvette that I drove to the show.

A 7/8 scale 69 camaro. It took the guy 10 years to build and he drove it to the show. You can tell he was back in the 70's. It had shag carpet on the inside.

Your friend has a very nice 'vette.Sounds like Goodguys Columbus was an awesome show. I've been thinking about going to some different shows instead of going to the Grand Rod Run in Pigeon Forge. I've been going to the Grand twice a year since 1999 (April & September) and it's beginning to become very boring and their P.D. goes nuts issuing citations for miniscule things such as "jay walking",excessive exhaust noise,turn signal violations.Their P.D. have gotten so bad that the last time I went in September, I cruised the strip 1 time then parked my Camaro for the rest of the weekend!! I am considering "Cruisin' the Coast next year and also Goodguys Columbus as well.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 08, 08:47 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

David,

I have a extra room in Biloxi for Cruisin the Coast for this year if you are interested. I got extra rooms and they are booked for 4 days, wednesday to sunday. How far away are you from Biloxi ????

Mike

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 08, 09:52 AM
Senior Tech
David

I live in the northeast corner of Alabama. Mapquest says 6 hours, 412 miles.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 08, 10:41 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Mapquest says I am 433 milles @ 7 hours. We are about the same distance away.

Mike

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 08, 11:23 AM
Senior Tech
David

Mike PM sent to you

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode