Engine Installation With Lemons Headers - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 08, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
David

Engine Installation With Lemons Headers

I returned home from Ohio 6/29/08 with my Camaro and it's upgraded engine complete with new Lemons Headers and March Performance Serpentine Pulley conversion kit.

I still need to re-install the wiper motor to be street legal .

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 08, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Re: Engine Installation With Lemons Headers

Lemons does know how to build header systems. Nice views.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 08, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett#2390 View Post
Lemons does know how to build header systems. Nice views.

Thanks Everett. The tubes are 2 1/4" in diameter and at their lowest point, the bottom tubes on both sides are higher off of the ground than the oil pan meaning no crushed header tubes.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 08, 08:47 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

David,

They look nice. I need to get me a set. Mine are all beat up. What size exhaust are you going to run? I am leaving for Ohio this wednesday for Goodguys in Columbus.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 08, 04:52 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreet69camaro View Post
David,

They look nice. I need to get me a set. Mine are all beat up. What size exhaust are you going to run? I am leaving for Ohio this wednesday for Goodguys in Columbus.
Thanks Mike. I have 3" tubing on the Camaro now. My friend in Ohio reccomends going to 4" tubing for the exhaust pipes. If/when you get a set of Lemons, part # BBPT-600 with individual flanges for each header tube is the way to go . They can be installed with the engine still in the car. 2 tubes install from the top, the other 2 install from the bottom on both sides. They are designed to work with a 9" diameter brake booster and stock steering box (power or manual). The only modification required for installation was the left rear corner of the drivers side engine mount had to be clearanced for 1 header tube which took about 1 minute with a cut off wheel. Enjoy your vacation in Ohio, the weather was really nice in the Dayton area when I was there last weekend.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 08, 06:47 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Looks like yur gonna be making some horse power here.Did they come with collecters I've never seen a four bolt collecter they look pretty wild.Are you gonna do you own exhaust I enjoyed doing mine it was a pretty big accomplishment for me.

PRO.ST69orange

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 08, 07:16 PM
Senior Tech
george

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969ProStreetCamaro View Post
I returned home from Ohio 6/29/08 with my Camaro and it's upgraded engine complete with new Lemons Headers and March Performance Serpentine Pulley conversion kit.

I still need to re-install the wiper motor to be street legal .
Those headers are right at home along side the BBC.They also could and should be displayed in an art gallery imho for all to view.Sweeeet.

George
68 Camaro
8-71 blown 461 Rat on E-85
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 08, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by david calligan View Post
Looks like yur gonna be making some horse power here.Did they come with collecters I've never seen a four bolt collecter they look pretty wild.Are you gonna do you own exhaust I enjoyed doing mine it was a pretty big accomplishment for me.
Dave,
Those collectors are part of the set of headers (part# BBPT-600) that I bought from Lemons Headers. They are the "slip on" design that are held in place by 2 tabs on 2 of the header tubes and secured with small bolts. I'm going to have to re-design the exhaust that is currently on the car,the mufflers sit lower than they did when I had the Hooker Super Comp's on the engine. The engine made 648.7 HP on the dyno with the headers in the picture below. I think it might have a few more HP with the Lemons on the engine now.......

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 08, 07:26 PM
Team Member
Doug

Looking sharp!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 08, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatblock View Post
Those headers are right at home along side the BBC.They also could and should be displayed in an art gallery imho for all to view.Sweeeet.
Thanks George . In the first picture is the extended fitting for the AutoMeter mechanical temperature gauge that I told you about.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 08, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougs67camaro View Post
Looking sharp!
Thanks Doug .

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 08, 04:31 PM
Senior Tech
george

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969ProStreetCamaro View Post
Thanks George . In the first picture is the extended fitting for the AutoMeter mechanical temperature gauge that I told you about.
I saw that extended fitting immediately in the 1st pic.I thank you for the tip..mine is located in a 1 inch meziere spacer behind my t-stat housing.Solved my location issue with the temp probe.I will take a page out of your book..and respect the new found power.

George
68 Camaro
8-71 blown 461 Rat on E-85
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode