Took my car to a local cruise night. - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 08, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
MARK

Garage
Send a message via AIM to PROZ11
Took my car to a local cruise night.

This was the first time I've had my car in a public setting. I've driven it around my town, to a few friends houses and once to work over the last year or so. Mostly because it's not quite finished. But now it's close to being done and some friends have been on me to take it out so I figured what the heck. I should have the interior finished up this week except for the door panels. They hit the door bars so the bars will have to be altered before I can install the panels. There are also a few exterior pieces like the rocker moldings and the top moldings. I also have to either paint the lower rockers white or the bottom of the fenders black. I'm leaning towards white rockers since that's what "real" Pace Cars had. i still have to put the hood on.

I had a friends son take care taking pictures with my camera so I don't have much to show. I asked him to take a lot of pictures since the camera can hold hundreds. He took 12. None at the actual cruise in. He took some on the ride down but most aren't great. He also took some video. I asked him not to hold the camera outside the car because all you will hear would be the noise of the wind. Guess what??? He held the camera out the window in every video so all that can be heard is the wind. I guess we'll try this again on the way and at the next cruise night. Hey, he tried. I'll be finishing it up and hitting more cruise ins.

The people seemed to like the car. Alot of nice compliments but some dumb questions and a few "experts" had some comments. All in all a good night.

Here a few of the pictures. My father in-law is riding shotgun.
I really don't think the videos are worth putting up. I'll get better ones.

PS: Not really my plate. I altered the photo...lol.

Pro Street Z11 clone

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOUTUBE VIDEO:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PROZ11; Jul 25th, 08 at 08:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 08, 08:21 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

Re: Took my car to a local cruise night.

Awesome looks sweet...... Top Down Prostreet Mean Machine.

LOVE THE BLOWER & THE WING...

I NEED TO HIT THE LOTTERY
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 08, 08:36 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Looks great Mark all there is now is fun to be had.Have you worked out all the bugs yet? I did my first local cruise last Saturday, and Sunday I pulled the center section out of my 9" ordered a new ring and pinion and me and my buddy set it up today and I just finished putting it back together a few minutes ago..I might try to go up to the cruise tomorow if I can get away,I have a graduation and a birthday to go to.....Anyway Mark you car looks great.....

PRO.ST69orange

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 08, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
MARK

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by david calligan View Post
Looks great Mark all there is now is fun to be had.Have you worked out all the bugs yet? I did my first local cruise last Saturday, and Sunday I pulled the center section out of my 9" ordered a new ring and pinion and me and my buddy set it up today and I just finished putting it back together a few minutes ago..I might try to go up to the cruise tomorow if I can get away,I have a graduation and a birthday to go to.....Anyway Mark you car looks great.....

I wouldn't say I have "all" of the bugs worked out yet. Most, not all. Workin' on it. I have a noise in the right rear that sounds like I may have an axle bearing issue. I'll be checking it out tomorrow. I heard it once I was on the highway.

Pro Street Z11 clone

YOUTUBE VIDEO:

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 08, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
MARK

Garage

BTW guys, the reason I have that head lean thing going on in the pictures isn't to try to look cool. It's the only what I can remotely see where I'm going...LOL

Pro Street Z11 clone

YOUTUBE VIDEO:

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 08, 09:09 PM
Senior Tech
Timothy

Looking sweet and mean. Yeah never trust anyone to take pictures for you. Just be glad it wasnt your wedding!

My 69 RS/SS 396 Project -

"I may be dumb but I aint stupid"
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 08, 05:18 AM
Kevin

Mark, looking good! I wonder how long it will take for the troopers to give you a view obstructed ticket

Kevin

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 08, 05:48 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

Mark -- the cars looks great -- I'm sure you'll have all the "bugs" worked out in no time -- then you get lots of cruisin' time --- congrats

==Doug
Former
owner
Former
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 08, 06:33 AM
Senior Tech
Chris

Looks awsome!!! Can I barrow a few cubic inches????

67 marina blue inline 6 coupe
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 08, 08:27 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROZ11 View Post
BTW guys, the reason I have that head lean thing going on in the pictures isn't to try to look cool. It's the only what I can remotely see where I'm going...LOL
Mark,

Your car looks awesome. At first I was wondering about the license plate till I read your comment. I can relate about the head stance but the person riding shotgun should be looking out for your right fender. Thats the hardest part for me. My wife rides shotgun and is always yelling at me to slow down. LOL

Yes I would paint the rockers white also. I didnt put the rocker moldings on my car due to I stretched the quarter panels 5 inches and they didnt look right.

Have you figured out how to cut your hood yet. If you want some ideas on how I did mine PM me again.

I have had the blower motor in my car for 3 years and never got a obstruction ticket. I have been in Texas, Ohio, Mississippi, Kentucky so far.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 08, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
MARK

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreet69camaro View Post
Mark,

Your car looks awesome. At first I was wondering about the license plate till I read your comment. I can relate about the head stance but the person riding shotgun should be looking out for your right fender. Thats the hardest part for me. My wife rides shotgun and is always yelling at me to slow down. LOL

Yes I would paint the rockers white also. I didnt put the rocker moldings on my car due to I stretched the quarter panels 5 inches and they didnt look right.

Have you figured out how to cut your hood yet. If you want some ideas on how I did mine PM me again.

I have had the blower motor in my car for 3 years and never got a obstruction ticket. I have been in Texas, Ohio, Mississippi, Kentucky so far.
Mike,
I'm not worried about any obstruction tickets. I had a blown 57 that I drove for 10 years and never got a ticket for it, or anything else for that matter. It didn't have a hood on it for 2 years.

I actually have a hood for the car. I just haven't put it on yet. The guy who did my body work did it with the rest of the body work. He did an unbelievable job on it. It's a piece of artwork. I just have to put it on. I still have to tweak the fron sheet metal before it goes on. It will probably need some altering since I changed a few things which sucks because it's already painted.

Here are some pictures of the hood:

Pro Street Z11 clone

YOUTUBE VIDEO:

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 08, 09:45 AM
Senior Tech
David

Mark,
Looks awesome rollin' down the road.Did you route your spark plug wires under the headers?

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 08, 11:50 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Damn Mark is that your garage. LOL

Looks like the hood will hit the scoop. What else is wrong with the hood?

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 08, 02:00 PM
Senior Tech
Royce

Congrats on your first outting. The car looks real good. I think the black rockers look great and it would sure be a lot easier to just paint the fenders. For what it's worth I drove my blown 70 Camaro all over the place and never got a ticket either. I am a little worried about the Buick the top of the scoop is just about equal with the roof of the car. The blower looks HUGE in this little car.

As far as vision goes I didn't really have a problem seeing, the only time is was remotely an issue was sweeping right hand turns.

Royce (NO XQSSS) Bradley

(brief sound/video clip, 3 1/2" exhaust through Borla Sportsman mufflers)
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 08, 01:48 PM
Senior Tech
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroman7d View Post
Congrats on your first outting. The car looks real good. I think the black rockers look great and it would sure be a lot easier to just paint the fenders. For what it's worth I drove my blown 70 Camaro all over the place and never got a ticket either. I am a little worried about the Buick the top of the scoop is just about equal with the roof of the car. The blower looks HUGE in this little car.

As far as vision goes I didn't really have a problem seeing, the only time is was remotely an issue was sweeping right hand turns.
Nice ride. Love blown first gens!

Please check out my site.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode