Henz Camaro - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 08, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Chris

Thumbs up Henz Camaro

I don't know if this is the correct forum section or not, but here goes anyway.
couple'a years back, on here somewhere, I posted some pics of a '67 Camaro a really good friend of mine was starting to "reconstruct"; ("build" is not a fair statement")..
his goal was a street-driveable car, awesome power and driveline, killer looks.
well, we think it's almost there, and I wanted to share some pics with you guys.
enjoy
'Vettrin /:\

he's about 3 years into this project. the car is at the upholsterer now, which is slated to take about 5 weeks to complete there. after upholstery, it returns home for the paint guys to re-install the front clip, which was removed to lessen exposure for paint damage. the overall goal is to have it completed for "Cruisin the Coast" @ Biloxi in October.
we fired the engine last Saturday, and you guys know the feeling when a beast roars to life...
(oh, and yeah,, it has a '68 grill and taillights, even though the body basically was a '67 and will have to title as such. he originally wanted to put a '69 grill in it and call it a 67~8~9)

'69 SS X66 Camaro
454, TH400 & GearVendor, 12 bolt
'82 Corvette.
stock
'81 Camaro Pro Bracket car.
406, TH350, 10 bolt, NHRA #3148
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 08, 09:28 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

Re: Henz Camaro

I have to be the first to say that.... THAT IS A BAD *** CAMARO..... and ill trade you : beers: oh my god you did an awesome job...

I NEED TO HIT THE LOTTERY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 08, 06:38 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

That thing is amazing, and is supper sick.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 08, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Chris

thanks Skip..
I used a simple reminder (for me) in naming this thread so when the car returns and it's all put back together, I can post the completed unit.
found a couple'a more old pics from during the build process.

'69 SS X66 Camaro
'82 Corvette.
stock
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 08, 07:16 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

OK... First i have to say is that thing is off the hook.... And ill only trade you if you install a passenger seat in it. OH and you don't have to finish it either.

I'm sure the Pro Street Guys haven't seen this yet, but when they do the will be giving you the big

post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 08, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Chris

we've sure learned plenty of lessons during this,, like, "it ain't as easy as Foose makes it appear" ..
oh,,(it does have a passenger seat )

'69 SS X66 Camaro
'82 Corvette.
stock
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 08, 10:21 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

SOLD SOLD SOLD..... You guys just built a major head turner. It looks like big $$$

post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 08, 06:46 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

Here it is Dave.

post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 08, 07:16 PM
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82Vettrin View Post
I don't know if this is the correct forum section or not, but here goes anyway.
couple'a years back, on here somewhere, I posted some pics of a '67 Camaro a really good friend of mine was starting to "reconstruct"; ("build" is not a fair statement")..
his goal was a street-driveable car, awesome power and driveline, killer looks.
well, we think it's almost there, and I wanted to share some pics with you guys.
enjoy
'Vettrin /:

he's about 3 years into this project. the car is at the upholsterer now, which is slated to take about 5 weeks to complete there. after upholstery, it returns home for the paint guys to re-install the front clip, which was removed to lessen exposure for paint damage. the overall goal is to have it completed for "Cruisin the Coast" @ Biloxi in October.
we fired the engine last Saturday, and you guys know the feeling when a beast roars to life...
(oh, and yeah,, it has a '68 grill and taillights, even though the body basically was a '67 and will have to title as such. he originally wanted to put a '69 grill in it and call it a 67~8~9)
Your friend has one awesome Camaro!! What HP and TQ numbers are expected form that 572? That's a killer lookin' set of headers on that 572, are they owner fabricated or perhaps a set from Dan Lemons of Lemons Headers?

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 08, 07:29 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

Hey David that is sick.

post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 08, 05:10 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

awesome car -- hope it gets finished in time for your cruise

==Doug
Former
owner
Former
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)
post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 08, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Chris

the headers are hand-fabricated.. I have a pic of the entire exhaust system here somewhere (before it was all sent to Jet Hot). I'll see if I can get that in here.
HP is ?? at this point. it's the 720 hp, 685 torque version, but when we fired it, #2 cylinder seemed to be staying about 100f or so less than any of the others.
we were already behind deadline on getting it to the upholsterer, so the one guy who is master-electrician on the project says he believes it's in the MSD somewhere; we'll get it later. (we've already battled with a new "faulty" coil.. which caused another 2 days delay). up on the throttle, the cylinder warms~evenly with the rest of 'em, so it's just another "hiccup" that goes with any project
here's the complete exhaust system before coating:
is it loud ?

'69 SS X66 Camaro
'82 Corvette.
stock
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 08, 12:29 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Chris,

That car is Bad A$$. Very nice job. Hopefully you make it in time for Cruisin the Coast. I will be there so look for a purple 69 with a blower motor sticking out the hood.

There is another section for prostreet. Come post some pictures. It is in smaller print right below protouring.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 08, 02:38 PM
Senior Tech
Royce

Very nice work on the car. It is set up to run with that strut front suspension and the Lenco, very cool.

Cruisin the coast is one event I would love to attend in person sometime. What is the exact date? I have a business trip to St. Louis, MO in early October.

Royce (NO XQSSS) Bradley

(brief sound/video clip, 3 1/2" exhaust through Borla Sportsman mufflers)
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 08, 05:02 PM
Senior Tech
Jerry

Chris...Awesome Camaro!!! Congrats!

Jerry

67 RS coupe, Black
68 Pro street Torch Red, blown 427
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode