Custom Hot Rod Pro street... - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 70 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 08, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
George

Custom Hot Rod Pro street...

Hey guy new to the site Love that you have a Pro street thread here awesome Names George im building a 48 Chevy Fleetline Pro Street, Still in mock up but getting closer to being done lil by lil. Alot of custom mods SB 406 love to share the details cant wait to meet everyone Later''

Last edited by PRO 48 Fleetline; Sep 6th, 08 at 10:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 70 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 08, 09:59 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Re: Custom Hot Rod Pro street...

George,

Welcome to TC.

It is looking good. I like the stance and the big tires. Where in Ohio do you live?. My wife is from Hamilton and I went to High School in Ross. We just went to Goodguys in Columbus in June. Thanks for sharing your pictures. This site has some good info and alot of nice people.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 70 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 08, 10:10 PM
Senior Tech
josey

that is straight badass.

post #4 of 70 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 08, 04:47 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

George,Have you hit the welcome wagon yet might be good to introduce your self over there.Again the 48 is way cool keep us posted over in the PS forum on the progress its not just for Camaros so bring all you buddies over to show there stuff......

PRO.ST69orange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 70 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 08, 07:01 PM
Senior Tech
David

.........a '48 Fleetline!!! You don't see very many of them Pro Streeted which makes it very cool . Glad you found us fellow Pro Streeters,George.

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #6 of 70 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 08, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
George

Thanks guys heres a few more pics, just got my motor mounts and tranny mount fabbed up and installed, engines about to head to the machine shop Heres a few other photos and a build link i put together thanks again later George

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=50465

1948 Chevrolet Fleetline Areosedan PRO STREET!
406 Solid Roller motor!
post #7 of 70 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 08, 04:59 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

When you think you going to paint,what color you got in mind.

PRO.ST69orange

post #8 of 70 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 08, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
George

Honestly the color choice has been the thoughest choice yet! Had it narrowed down to a few colors, but finally decided on a color that i just love almost a factory orginal color for this car its off a CRV honda its called green tea met., Its a med green met and it will be two toned with an ivory off white roof with a off white and tan interior roll cage will be a satin ivory aswell.
I was hopeing to get the body back off the frame here soon but after talking to my painter he suggested to get the rest of the front clip lined up and and all the body gaps perfect and then insatall my cage finish the body itself to 95 % and then get it off the frame so i can get my air ride in and start smoothing the frame. Ive done all the work on the car my self and love every minute of it nice stress releiver to get away from the business. But its getting a lil closer engines about to come out and head to the machinest next weak! I'll keep you updated!

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/photo...5FE876CD04E642

406 Solid Roller motor!
post #9 of 70 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 08, 06:09 PM
Senior Tech
Rod

Nice project!!

Rod
69 Camaro with LS2/4l70e

post #10 of 70 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 08, 06:13 PM
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO 48 Fleetline View Post
Honestly the color choice has been the thoughest choice yet! Had it narrowed down to a few colors, but finally decided on a color that i just love almost a factory orginal color for this car its off a CRV honda its called green tea met., Its a med green met and it will be two toned with an ivory off white roof with a off white and tan interior roll cage will be a satin ivory aswell.
I was hopeing to get the body back off the frame here soon but after talking to my painter he suggested to get the rest of the front clip lined up and and all the body gaps perfect and then insatall my cage finish the body itself to 95 % and then get it off the frame so i can get my air ride in and start smoothing the frame. Ive done all the work on the car my self and love every minute of it nice stress releiver to get away from the business. But its getting a lil closer engines about to come out and head to the machinest next weak! I'll keep you updated!

George,
What cubic inch small block is between the fenders of that nasty '48 Fleetline?

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #11 of 70 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 08, 06:43 PM
Senior Tech
george

George..very nice.The 406 sbc is a nice addition.No replacement for displacement.

George
68 Camaro
8-71 blown 461 Rat on E-85
post #12 of 70 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 08, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
George

It s a lil light weight lol

406 1970 4 bolt arp studs
Scat 6" 4340 I beam rods and 3.75 crank
Mahle forged 10.5.1 flat top's
Brodix IK 200 cc heads
PP Huricane polished single plane
750 mighty demon Msd ignition
Comp solid roller XR286R cam
248-254 @.050 3,000-7,000 rpm's
7 quart Kick out pan with trap door
coated fender well headers and 3" magnaflow exaust
meizere electric pump
350 with a 3,500 stahl and valve body 4.56 gears in a narrowed
9" with a 4-link 33x19.5's

Im so ready for the motor to start going together its been in mock up for a year now so i can work my front metal work around it. the front clip is a tilt unit and the hood i made open up backwards so, I need not remind you it didnt come that way from the factory lol alot of subtle custom mods to the car but should improve the look when complete. Thanks for the comments Later George

406 Solid Roller motor!
post #13 of 70 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 08, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
George

Hey guys heres what i just finished fabbing up over the past weak had to make a little cleaner looking and lighter mount than what was on there, THere tacked in for now will do all the final welding when i start on the frame also had to build a tranny mount. Took alittle work to make sure the engine pitch was right and it sat level inthe frame. plus work around my steeing joints . Heres afew picks it will be comming out this weak and off to the machine shop and out of mock up clothes lol. Finally

406 Solid Roller motor!

Last edited by PRO 48 Fleetline; Sep 9th, 08 at 05:59 PM.
post #14 of 70 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 08, 08:05 PM
Senior Tech
Brian

Cool ride man !

Please check out my site.

post #15 of 70 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 08, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
George

Picked up some new parts the other day for the 406!

406 Solid Roller motor!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode