Is this Pro-Street - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 08, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468
Is this Pro-Street

This realy gets in my crawl when this pops up on my search for Pro-Street on Ebay I have to look but every click of the mouse makes me mad.Is this Pro-Street or four wheel drive....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...A1123&viewitem=

PRO.ST69orange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 08, 05:02 PM
Senior Tech
george

Re: Is this Pro-Street

4wd..a back half and steamrollers are reqd imho.I have a similiar combo and refer to it as my little street deal...not Pro Street.Dave,Mike and Mark have the real deal here at tc just like yours.Tubbed with big meats and insane street HP is mandatory.

George
68 Camaro
8-71 blown 461 Rat on E-85
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 08, 05:21 PM
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatblock View Post
4wd..a back half and steamrollers are reqd imho.I have a similiar combo and refer to it as my little street deal...not Pro Street.Dave,Mike and Mark have the real deal here at tc just like yours.Tubbed with big meats and insane street HP is mandatory.
George,
Are you still thinkin' about mini-tubs for your '68?

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 08, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Mini tub is the way to go I full tubbed my car is cool but to be truthfull the mini tub is what I would do to keep the ride.

PRO.ST69orange

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 08, 06:13 PM
Senior Tech
george

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969ProStreetCamaro View Post
George,
Are you still thinkin' about mini-tubs for your '68?
Dave..I have to do something.I have 0 traction and the blown big block spools up in gear like it is in neutral.I can not roll open the secondarys at all.No kidding..this thing is a torque monster right off idle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david calligan View Post
Mini tub is the way to go I full tubbed my car is cool but to be truthfull the mini tub is what I would do to keep the ride.
This is where it gets tough to decide.At what point do you enter the realms of pro street or remain street machine?I have room right now for the bfg radial drag p325/50r15.they hooked well behind the n/a 427 but the 461 blown unit is a different beast for sure.Decisions.decisions.

George
68 Camaro
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 08, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

I would research the best way to go,I have a four link with a diagonal link track locator and it rides like a truck like the pro-touring people say go fast and still have the drive of a late model (did I just say that)I think DSE products are the way to go.I think there are some hime ends out there that alston has that are not metal that would give a better ride that I may try in the future.You might want to check into this if you go four link.I would go four link before ladder bar for sure.

PRO.ST69orange

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 08, 08:40 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

I did my backhalf on my car 15 years ago. It is a ladder bar car and I have the Morrison poly bushing on the ladder bars and panhard bar. It has a real good ride. But I just changed the poly bushings to rod ends so I will have to see how it rides now. I just installed them today.

I like both tubbed cars and mini-tubs. I installed the DSE quadralink in my buddies car. That is the one that just got painted. I like the DSE kit but it will be a while till we drive the car.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 08, 10:40 PM
Senior Tech
George

Just ad the mulet and that car is complete!

1948 Chevrolet Fleetline Areosedan PRO STREET!
406 Solid Roller motor!
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 08, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

I had one of the original mullets but it fell out.

PRO.ST69orange

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 08, 03:49 PM
Senior Tech
george

If this blown 68 goes for less than 12k..it is a heck of a deal for someone.if the rebuild is what he claims..you are purchasing the engine and getting the car for free.It is a pro street wannabe for sure right now.

George
68 Camaro
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 08, 06:13 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

So is my car prostreet, Mini tubbed 29x 12.5 QA1 coil overs with caltracs? just curious I always say its prostreet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	side.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	8390  
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 08, 07:20 PM
Senior Tech
george

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd502 View Post
So is my car prostreet, Mini tubbed 29x 12.5 QA1 coil overs with caltracs? just curious I always say its prostreet.
JD502..you have what i consider to be a true street machine.The Pro Street crowd goes one step further to mimic a street legal Pro Stock race car.Seeing how Pro Stocks utilize a 17" wide tire with a 104" circumferance..you would need an additional 4.5" footprint to fall into that category.fwiw..If you are thru the hood with wheely bars,you better have the HP to back up the look.IMHO.

George
68 Camaro
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 08, 07:47 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

750hp + with only three pounds of boost. No longer have wheelie bars. Snapped the one wheel off last time at track. Drive it hard all the time. That is the only way Also a 5spd!!
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 08, 08:11 PM
Senior Tech
george

jd502..you met the HP requirement imho.
3lbs of boost=750hp.Big blower atop a big block?

George
68 Camaro
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 08, 08:49 PM
Senior Tech
Chris

Send a message via Yahoo to cluxford

I'm building a 68 with a 632 BBC (non blown to begin with) 816Hp.

Car is minitubbed running 325 x 50 x 17
4 link with QA1's and panhard bar

Up front AME front sub frame

330mm disc brakes all round

I consider my car to be...beyond the typical pro-tourer (due to the fact it is an old school dual quad Hilborn scooped BBC rather than a twin turbo LSx motor), but less than a Pro-streeter as it is not blown, nor caged, nor big rollers on the rear (even though 325's aren't small)

I believe I am in the middle...

In my mind Pro-street is as stated above by many...a street registered drag car with loads of horsepower and constructed to hookup !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode