New vin for replica 1969 camaro - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 08, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Trent

New vin for replica 1969 camaro

I have purchased a chassiworks chassis complete with dynacorn body 1969 camaro rs convertable. I have heard I can get a reassigned vin like the original cars. (same number of alphanumeric digits). I need this for regristration in Canada. Every nut and bolt is new on the vehicle motor etc awsom but not able to register in canada. Current serial number is 11 digits aplha numeric.

trekoc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 08, 08:27 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Re: New vin for replica 1969 camaro

My buddy has a 69 hardtop dynacorn body. He has to build the car then take it to the DMV and they will issue him a number. This is in Texas. I dont know about anywhere else.

It will not be the same number as an original number but a number issued thru the Texas DMV.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by prostreet69camaro; Nov 17th, 08 at 01:22 PM.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 08, 09:07 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

I would contact dynacorn, they should be able to tell you how to get a vin for it since they built the body. Also call your local DMV since they issue them. As for getting a number just like the ones on real Camaros, I doubt it. Like Texas, CA DMV can issue a state VIN but it's their own series not GM's. I have heard of state vins being issued that match the factory vin if you can prove the car had the vin in real life originally. That would mean a restoration of an old car not a kit car.

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 08, 12:05 PM
Senior Tech
ADAM

kit car , ur screwed ,too bad its not a real camaro ps u wasted ur money w/ chassisworks

68 ss clone sbc350 tko600 chassisworks , 69 LSX454 bbc (in progress jakes), 70 rs 454 mp500efi
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 08, 12:43 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

As I understand they fall into the "kit car" MVA category and are treated as such. I'm unsure how or even if you could get Historic tags, but maybe Street Rod tags if limited driving/mileage.
I would guess just like the VW body conversions ?

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 08, 02:23 PM
Senior Tech
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJSZR2326 View Post
kit car , ur screwed ,too bad its not a real camaro ps u wasted ur money w/ chassisworks
Real useful post.

69 Z11 03D Van Nuys
82 Z28 Gordon Johncock's Pace Car
97 30th Z28 6 speed vert 1 of 175

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 08, 05:07 PM
rtj
Senior Tech

I think it varies state to state. Wasn't Boyd Coddington arrested for licensing cars in other states for this very reason?

Fl was one state that licensed them by year of the body style, from what I've read.

Everything I've read about Chassisworks is good, if you mean Chris Alston's Chassisworks. I keep re-reading Super Chevy's Nova Handbook.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 08, 05:20 PM
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJSZR2326 View Post

.....from his sig. ........

..........68 ss clone 350/430hp 5-speed tko600, chassisworks complete front &rear suspension,ron davis radiator w/overflow,ect,ect,ect

..........hmm.Kinda like not being able to see the forest for the trees....I wouldn't have made a comment like the one above, especially if your car was built using the same product that you're sayin' somebody else wasted their money buying!!!! That's very.

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 08, 05:48 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969ProStreetCamaro View Post

.....from his sig. ........

..........68 ss clone 350/430hp 5-speed tko600, chassisworks complete front &rear suspension,ron davis radiator w/overflow,ect,ect,ect

..........hmm.Kinda like not being able to see the forest for the trees....I wouldn't have made a comment like the one above, especially if your car was built using the same product that you're sayin' somebody else wasted their money buying!!!! That's very.
I agree,

Why be negative about what someone else bought. To me that is there problem and if they wanted to know about it they should have asked questions about the product. That is why we have this forum. To ask questions!!!

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 08, 06:01 PM
Senior Tech
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreet69camaro View Post
I agree,

Why be negative about what someone else bought. To me that is there problem and if they wanted to know about it they should have asked questions about the product. That is why we have this forum. To ask questions!!!

AMEN....his comment was uncalled for and plain rude.....
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 08, 06:48 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

I think you need to sell it cheep,so where can I pick it up...lol...I sure you will get it straightened out .good luck... keep us posted...

PRO.ST69orange

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 08, 07:33 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekoc View Post
Inot able to register in canada. Current serial number is 11 digits aplha numeric.

trekoc
Exactly why are you not able to register it in what part of Canada?

Have you been to your local motor vehicle department with the paperwork from dynacorn and chassisworks?

If no one here knows an answer, you might try a Cobra (kit car) forum. There are tons of those, someone would know how to get one registered in your part of canada.,

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode