What would you constitute a Pro-Street st up? - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 148 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 09, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468
What would you constitute a Pro-Street st up?

I dont know if this has ever been asked but pro touring has one going like this so us pro streeters cant be left out....I see alot of cars on Ebay that are listed as Pro-Street and it just pi$$es me off.Brian if you stop by here how tall are you I am 6'-5" no offence to your PT thread just couldn't let you all have all the fun.

PRO.ST69orange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 148 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 09, 10:01 AM
Senior Tech
Ed

Re: What would you constitute a Pro-Street st up?

For me it would be:
  • High HP motor, with aggressive cam, radical heads/compression. Maybe even forced induction or the squeeze.
  • Suspension setup for drag and not cornering.
  • Possibly back-halving the car with some of those huge M/T tires in the rear. Skinny tires in front.
  • 4.11 gears or greater.
  • Cage and sparse interior.

Ed

post #3 of 148 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 09, 10:24 AM
Senior Tech
Patrick

When someone says "pro street" I immediately think of a tubbed car with HUGE TIRES!

69RS/SS,383,10:1cr,4.10,60ft1.6sec,1/[email protected],1/[email protected],Vicjr,RPMheads,750dp, Proform main body, cam,246*-250*@.050,.510,522,1.6rr,700r4,3200stall
383 IS SOLD!
Building a 489BBC

post #4 of 148 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 09, 12:36 PM
Senior Tech
clayton hicker

i would have to say a big set of tires,and a big motor,i think with either a blower or a noisy gear drive,undecided on the roll cage unless it goes down the track,mabe some wheelie bars.working turn signals,stereo,lights ,at least 2 front seats.5 point harness.

clayton hicker
post #5 of 148 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 09, 12:45 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

As I had a good smartass answer for "those other guys", I wouldn't want you'all "pro-streeters to be left out...

Unfortunately, I just can't think of a witty answer right now, but if you go to the public library, ask for all the car craft and hot rod mags from the '80's, you'll find your answer.

Right after V8 vega's, and just before the Van craze hit.

Oh yea, I did think of one.

A real "Pro-Sreet" car CANNOT have any time slips or dyno sheets. This one's about "lookin" NOT "doin."

Again, please send any complaints to [email protected]

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #6 of 148 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 09, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM View Post
As I had a good smartass answer for "those other guys", I wouldn't want you'all "pro-streeters to be left out...

Unfortunately, I just can't think of a witty answer right now, but if you go to the public library, ask for all the car craft and hot rod mags from the '80's, you'll find your answer.

A real "Pro-Sreet" car CANNOT have any time slips or dyno sheets. This one's about "lookin" NOT "doin."

Jim,don't hold back let us know how you realy feel.Does this mean you don't like my car....Did you get in a race with a PS car and lose at one point or another.Should a mod be able to add a thought that is this hatefull to some peoples cars or did you forget to add LOL to it or make another post and say you were just kidding....

PRO.ST69orange

post #7 of 148 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 09, 01:24 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by david calligan View Post
Jim,don't hold back let us know how you realy feel.Does this mean you don't like my car....Did you get in a race with a PS car and lose at one point or another.Should a mod be able to add a thought that is this hatefull to some peoples cars or did you forget to add LOL to it or make another post and say you were just kidding....
I kinda thought my first sentence pretty well covered any requirements to make it known I was just kidding...

Hateful?
That's kinda strong.
Your car? It seems to be very nicely done from the pics I've seen.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #8 of 148 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 09, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Quote:
I kinda thought my first sentence pretty well covered any requirements to make it known I was just kidding...

Hateful?
That's kinda strong.
Your car? It seems to be very nicely done from the pics I've seen.
I am not sure how the first sentence says your kidding I am not sure what those other guys is refering to.It doesn't matter to me who likes PS and who doesn't I like the back and forth statements between PT and PS its fun.

PRO.ST69orange

post #9 of 148 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 09, 03:53 PM
Senior Tech
Jeff

Pro street-huge rear tires, skinny fronts, very narrowed rearend, fat tubs(not mini tubs), hot rod rake, monster hood and/or monster blower or tunnel ram stickin thru it, made for straight line show AND go.
Pro touring-wide meats front and rear, may have slightly narrowed rearend, mini tubs, low stance all around, nice smooth body lines with slightly raised hood, made for road race show AND go.
Just the way I see it, and I like 'em both......
post #10 of 148 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 09, 05:09 PM
Senior Tech
Royce

This will get interesting. A Pro Street car is tubbed and has fat tires in the rear. Usually skinny tires up front. That's pretty much where the "requirements" end, though I think a roll bar/cage is usually a needed item to complete the "look". It all started from "street cars" that wanted to look like "Pro Stock" cars, if you merge the two terms you have Pro Street. You can't say they have to have a certain stance because this evolves over time. Look how low a Pro Stock car sits and they are fairly even all the way around.

Todays Pro Street cars are nothing like the ones from 15-20 years ago. The older Pro Street cars gave the term a bad reputation. While there are still guys that build "posers" it's not as rampant as it was in the years passed. Most of the Pro Street stuff has some power to back up the look.

Royce (NO XQSSS) Bradley

(brief sound/video clip, 3 1/2" exhaust through Borla Sportsman mufflers)
post #11 of 148 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 09, 05:23 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Big fat tires in the back, small skinnies in the front. Yes it does look good with a blower motor sticking out the hood but you dont need it. I had my car prostreeted 13 years before I put a blower motor in it. Roll bar is OK but if you dont want the hassle of climbing over it that is OK. I have the swingout bars and only install them when I go to the track. Used to have the 5 point harness but now all I use is a lap belt on the street. Wheelie bars are out for me but if that is what you like then go for it. The only problem I have with my car being low is the headers hitting on the drivers side but eventually I will buy a set on Lemmons.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

post #12 of 148 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 09, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

I'm kinda starting to wonder if my car would be concidered pro-street I guess it is because there are no time slips....

PRO.ST69orange

post #13 of 148 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 09, 06:02 PM
Senior Tech
Jerry

Quote:

If you don't like Pro Street, do us all a favor and stay in Pro Touring. Your '68 is a nice ride, but what you like isn't necessarily what others like. What you think of Pro Street is your business, but we have a lot of time and effort invested in our cars. You're right...if I wanted a race car, guess what?...I"D HAVE A RACE CAR!

Not a very responsible post for a moderator.

Jerry

67 RS coupe, Black
68 Pro street Torch Red, blown 427
post #14 of 148 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 09, 06:26 PM
Senior Tech
Jeff

I'm kinda starting to wonder if my car would be concidered pro-street I guess it is because there are no time slips....

POSER!!!!(LOL)

I really don't understand this argument......pro street, pro touring, yada,yada,yada. I've been a BIG fan of pro street chevys forever, and when the pro touring chevys started popping up I became a big fan of those, too. I think the real argument should be chevy versus everything else.......
post #15 of 148 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 09, 06:54 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Quote:
I dont know if this has ever been asked but pro touring has one going like this so us pro streeters cant be left out....I see alot of cars on Ebay that are listed as Pro-Street and it just pi$ me off.Brian if you stop by here how tall are you I am 6'-5" no offence to your PT thread just couldn't let you all have all the fun.
Quote:
I am not sure how the first sentence says your kidding I am not sure what those other guys is refering to.It doesn't matter to me who likes PS and who doesn't I like the back and forth statements between PT and PS its fun.
Even when someone lets you have the last word... ya just gotta jkeep at it.
https://www.camaros.net/forums/showth...07#post1130407
"Brians" What's the defintion of a PT car thread is right here, as you well know.
As is a similar level of fun from me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode