Smoothed firewall... - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 09, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
George

Smoothed firewall...

Thought id share some photos made a little progress on the firewall today!
The firewall will be completely smooth the master cylinder is down on the frame!
You can also see the radiator mounts in the front i made awhile back to mount the rad. on!
My Radiator has to be mounted to the frame and there is no room in there with a tilting front end so i had too fab up some unique mounts never a dull moment i think im going to loose more hair scrathing my head designing all these damn custom peices! lol

1948 Chevrolet Fleetline Areosedan PRO STREET!
406 Solid Roller motor!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 09, 04:50 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468
Re: Smoothed firewall...

Looks like you are having fun and some nice work while your doing it.Do you have before pics of the fire wall.I cant wait to see the final product this is going to be bad a$$

PRO.ST69orange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 09, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
George

Thanks and yes heres a pic of it right after i bought it! the previous owner thank god didnt finsih painting the whole car this color! but in his words "The firewall has nicer paint on it than most cars bodys do" un quote lol
It was ok but i new i wanted a completely smooth engine compartment!

406 Solid Roller motor!

post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 09, 05:24 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Much nicer worth the extra effort.Have you decided on a color yet....

PRO.ST69orange

post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 09, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
George

What do you guys think of these Budniks?
Im leaning towards these wheels, I talked to a Budnik rep at the Columbus Good Guys event he said they could get them in 15x15's but i have to check if they can make the 15x4's!

406 Solid Roller motor!
post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 09, 05:55 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

I am old school and I am having a hard time with new wheels.just me I guess my wife always complains that I like everything so plain.My Harley never got past stock just to name one.This is my opinion no harm....

PRO.ST69orange

post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 09, 07:53 PM
Senior Tech
Royce

Great job on the firewall. I have to do some work on mine too (1970 Nova) previous owner decided to clearance it with a hammer to fit the HEI. I was debating on smoothing it out or covering the whole thing.

On the wheels, Budniks are top notch and that picture doesn't do them justice they are like jewels. I had a set on my 61 Skylark project but, had to make a change because I couldn't get the right offset up front to clear my fenders. Make sure you know exactly what you need because they can only give you certain offsets on narrow wheels. I tried to get them to modify my wheels or make me a new set for the front. They coundn't make what I needed.

Have you looked at the new line Centerline has out? They are pretty nice and fresh designs. I am looking at them for the Nova as well and the price is decent.

Royce (NO XQSSS) Bradley

(brief sound/video clip, 3 1/2" exhaust through Borla Sportsman mufflers)
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 09, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
George

Dude that is sooo funny because one! The wheels i have had in mind are the new centerlines orginally and they do make them in the size i like plus there cheaper but i really like the Budniks too so we'll see i vowed i would not buy wheels till the car is in full primer ready for paint in final mock up! so will be a little why'll.
And twooo i have a 72 nova aswell and i did my firewall aswell as a good bit of other subtle mods aswell heres a few pics of it !

Hey also if you are interested ina new Goodmark cowl hood i have one thats for sale was going to put it on mine but changed my mind! make you a good deal on it! Heres a pic of it on the car!

Have you looked at the new line Centerline has out?

406 Solid Roller motor!
post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 09, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
George

Heres the Wheels i have been drooling over for some time and i seen them at summit in person they are nice and better yet there really pretty light aswell,
Also Im proud to say i have finally have decided on color some have already seen some of these photos but its a Green Tea met. off a new Honda CRV i just fell in love with this color and it still has that vintage feel and look to it! Thinking of two toning the car with an almond off white or a sand drift pearl but the body aswell as the motor color is the green tea,
Thanks for the input later George

Smoothed the block

Motor in mock up!

406 Solid Roller motor!
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 09, 06:36 AM
Senior Tech
Matt

Send a message via AIM to Blade

Fire wall turned out gerat!

Got to give the PEOPLE what they want!

Look....if you wanna be the best then you gotta take out the best!

1967 Prostreet Camaro
BB 431 650hp
400 Turbo Trans
Ford 9" 4:56 gears

post #11 of 68 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 09, 06:44 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

I think green would fit this well,two tone what would you do the feners in off white.I quess my question is how would the scheme be.The wheel last posted is this a Center Line if so I like it...

PRO.ST69orange

post #12 of 68 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 09, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
George

Yeh Dave i really like those centerlines and they have the vintage feel and look to them aswel to, id like to keep with a feel when you walk up to the car that it feels like a classic but in pro street form that will haul ***! like no modern auto meters or sparco seats etc.
Heres how the two tone looks and id like to keep the two tone in the same place as the factory did, It really swoops back the body nicely and compliments the body lines, it goes around the front window and back the sides. like in these pics!
This also gives you an idea of just how much chrome and weight front to back i took off the car lol.

A few pics:
http://www.lowridermagazine.com/feat.../photo_06.html

http://www.lowridermagazine.com/feat.../photo_01.html

406 Solid Roller motor!
post #13 of 68 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 09, 08:52 AM
Senior Tech
Matt

NOT TO HI JACK UR THREAD BUT HERE IS WHAT I DID TO MINE.

1967 Prostreet Camaro
BB 431 650hp
400 Turbo Trans

post #14 of 68 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 09, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
George

Pics like that highjack away lol wow amazing stuff looks awesome whats specs on car and running gear!

406 Solid Roller motor!
post #15 of 68 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 09, 09:06 AM
Senior Tech
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO 48 Fleetline View Post
Pics like that highjack away lol wow amazing stuff looks awesome whats specs on car and running gear!
lol thanks

431 big block
400 trans
ford 9 inch 390 gears 28 spline axles

1967 Prostreet Camaro
BB 431 650hp
400 Turbo Trans

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode