Fit the front sheetmetal, pic of sub-frame - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 09, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member

Garage
Thumbs up Fit the front sheetmetal, pic of sub-frame

Here's some better pics of the sub-frame that's in the car. I'm leaving the tow hook on the front. Never know when you'll need to pull it. I like the way they dropped the center of the frame for pan clearance. You can see some brackets ahead of the engine towers. Not sure what they used those for. Maybe a motor plate? But why leave the engine towers? Don't know. The radiator support had to be cut and the header panel support cut also to make things work.
And YES, the red is going away!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lynells b-day party 073.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	9455   Click image for larger version

Name:	lynells b-day party 045.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	9456   Click image for larger version

Name:	lynells b-day party 046.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	9457  

67 RS 327, 4-speed, posi, done.
67 Modified, 454, TH-400, posi, under construction.
67 SS 396, 4-speed, basket case.
72 RS, sitting, partially done.
55 210 post, 2 door, 327 4-speed runs good.
55 2 door post, gasser project
69 Cadillac ElDorado
69 4x4 suburban
59 ElCamino

Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing thru the leather straps"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 09, 06:07 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468
Re: Fit the front sheetmetal, pic of sub-frame

Looks like progress.Did you buy the car with this subframe this way..Is this a back half car I see this done on race cars alot.Its nice the way the cross member bolts in if you need to drop the oil pan.I have a suggestion on the lower valence,I saw a 68 at OC that had the oval openings shortened in hight that realy made a nice appearence I'll try and post a pic if I have one.Its a little hard to see at the angle that I took the picture from.

PRO.ST69orange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 09, 06:41 AM
Senior Tech
Matt

Send a message via AIM to Blade

That 68 is sicken!

Got to give the PEOPLE what they want!

Look....if you wanna be the best then you gotta take out the best!

1967 Prostreet Camaro
BB 431 650hp
400 Turbo Trans
Ford 9" 4:56 gears

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 09, 08:27 AM
Senior Tech
Royce

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo camaro View Post
Here's some better pics of the sub-frame that's in the car. I'm leaving the tow hook on the front. Never know when you'll need to pull it. I like the way they dropped the center of the frame for pan clearance. You can see some brackets ahead of the engine towers. Not sure what they used those for. Maybe a motor plate? But why leave the engine towers? Don't know. The radiator support had to be cut and the header panel support cut also to make things work.
And YES, the red is going away!
Lookin good. Keep plugging away and it will be done before you know it. What do you have planned for a drivetrain? Do you have a goal to have it finished?

Royce (NO XQSSS) Bradley

(brief sound/video clip, 3 1/2" exhaust through Borla Sportsman mufflers)
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 09, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member

Garage

My goal for the car right now is to get it ready for the running gear. I would like to get it tinned before the year is over. We had to attatch the left rear quarter 2 weeks ago. It was just hanging there with a few rivots. The tires are 31x18.50 in the rear. I don't have front wheels for it yet. I still think ALOT of the parts for this car are sitting somewhere at the shop we bought from. Which by the way Royce, was in your backyard in Fairfield.

My daughter is in welding school right now and I talked with the instructor about having her weld in the cage for her school project before may. I told him I wanted him to make sure the welds were adequate. We'll tack it in place for her before I drag it to the school.
The pinion angle needs some attention before tin. (It would be easier.)

I picked up the sealer for it friday. The body is just going to be DP-90 satin black for now. I picked up a gallon of direct to metal sealer for the frame in a dark silver gun metal. He screwed up on the first gallon when he tried the frame color, it was too silver, so he gave it to me free with the catalyst. I think that's the color for the interior now. LOL

The pic of the pro street truck is us pulling the motor & trans out for the camaro last month. He wants to drive it on the street again so the 66' 4-bolt main 396 with 12.5:1 comp. & 4000 stall converter & TH-400 will go in the car for now. But realistically not until next year, I hope.

I need to money up for my pal Craig to move forward with the body. He'll paint the frame, cut in the right rear quarter patch panel,(WAY too much bondo in that corner. LOL ) & shoot the body in sealer. He'll pull the glass so we can get to things easy, (whoever took the grinder to the car wasted the glass, ROOKIE move.) I have new glass at the shop anyway.
If I can get these things done by nov. I'll be happy. Remember, I'm doing another camaro & a house remodel at the same time. I know, too many irons in the fire.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	lynells b-day party 042.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	9477   Click image for larger version

Name:	lynells b-day party 048.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	9478   Click image for larger version

Name:	lynells b-day party 072.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	9479  

Name:	lynells b-day party 070.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	9481   Click image for larger version

Name:	lynells b-day party 003.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	9482  

69 Cadillac ElDorado
69 4x4 suburban
59 ElCamino

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 09, 12:41 PM
Senior Tech
Royce

I can't believe you came down to my neck of the woods and stole a potential project right from under me, lol. That car doesn't look familiar at all. There's only a couple shops in Fairfield I could imagine having something like this, unless it was a body shop.

Sounds like you have a good game plan, the car is really looking nice. That is awesome that your daughter is going to weld out the cage. That is going to be a good learning experience.

Royce (NO XQSSS) Bradley

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 09, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member

Garage

Here's another shot of the motor. And 1 of the children that had to go. I liked that wagon, but I like this project also.
This car came out of Oakland. I think it was rear ended hard. The title is salvaged, and all of the rear sheet metal is new repo. I know this car had to be complete when they started cutting it. Wish I knew where those parts were. I did manage to get the back seats which is cool, the SS was missing them.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	lynells b-day party 005.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	9487   Click image for larger version

Name:	lynells b-day party 007.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	9488  

69 Cadillac ElDorado
69 4x4 suburban
59 ElCamino

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 09, 06:44 PM
Senior Tech
Royce

The wagon is very cool. Did you sell it? Chances are the parts for the Camaro are long gone but, if you find out they're down here let me know.

Royce (NO XQSSS) Bradley

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 09, 06:04 PM
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroman7d View Post
I can't believe you came down to my neck of the woods and stole a potential project right from under me, lol. .

........I can't believe he got under that truck without jack stands and only a floor jack supporting it. Glad to know nothing went wrong.

David F.

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 09, 10:00 AM
Senior Tech
Royce

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969ProStreetCamaro View Post
........I can't believe he got under that truck without jack stands and only a floor jack supporting it. Glad to know nothing went wrong.

David F.

YIKES! I had to go back and look carefully if you look carefully I can see a yellow/orange jack stand on the passenger side and I assume the one on the drivers side is blocked by the tire. I know Steve and he is too smart to get under a vehicle with no jack stands. Look through the drivers side lower A-arn and you can see the feet of the jack stand.

Royce (NO XQSSS) Bradley

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 09, 10:58 AM
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
YIKES! I had to go back and look carefully if you look carefully I can see a yellow/orange jack stand on the passenger side and I assume the one on the drivers side is blocked by the tire. I know Steve and he is too smart to get under a vehicle with no jack stands. Look through the drivers side lower A-arn and you can see the feet of the jack stand.

I looked and now I believe there is indeed jack stands under the truck. The direction in which the photograph was taken is what makes the jack stands all but disappear.

David F.

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 09, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member

Garage

Quote:
YIKES! I know Steve and he is too smart to get under a vehicle with no jack stands. Look through the drivers side lower A-arn and you can see the feet of the jack stand.

Thanks Royce. The legs you see are the truck owners. I had to stop him from crawling under it without stands. He actually said, " I'll only be under here for a minute". Well, it only takes 2 seconds to die like that. I don't need anyone dying at my shop.

69 Cadillac ElDorado
69 4x4 suburban
59 ElCamino

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode