First drive of the season... It must be Spring - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 09, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
MARK

Garage
Send a message via AIM to PROZ11
First drive of the season... It must be Spring

We've had a little taste of Spring here in NJ for past few days so I decided to clean out the garage a bit and switch it over from Winter mode to Summer mode. So out to the shed went the snow blowers, shovels and other winter stuff surrounding the Camaro. Once I removed all of the obstacles I fired it up and backed it out to clean up a little. About 4 neighbors showed up before I got the car out of the garage asking if I was taking it out for a ride and wondering about available vacancies for the passenger seat. Their ages range from 4 yrs old to 40. I told them I had some cleaning to do, but maybe later. I also fired up the bike and moved it to an accessible location. After an hour or so of clean up it was time to pull the car back in the garage. I accidently backed down the driveway and went on a cruise for just a mile or two with one of the neighbors. You know, just to get the fluids circulated and maybe make a little boost.. LOL. I can't wait for the nice weather to be here. It was great to have it out on the road again. The last time I had it out was in November.

Pro Street Z11 clone

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOUTUBE VIDEO:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 09, 08:43 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

Re: First drive of the season... It must be Spring

i feel bad for you!! move to nc its spring all year round!!! enjoy the break n the weather!!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 09, 02:16 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Yes I had mine out last week. I havent driven it in about 2 months and I live in Texas. Its time to start cruising and car shows again.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 09, 03:06 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Vince

Garage

Backed it out of the garage onto the driveway and back into the middle of the garage so I could get access to the passenger side. Just a few more camaro mini-projects... give it a few weeks and I'll be out. And I live in CANADA! The rest of you guys have no excuse.

Vince
69 Base Coupe "The Wrecker" Project -

67 rs/SS L48 4spd Convertible -
- SOLD
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 09, 03:52 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

It was warm enough here in Md. but still to much salt on the roads so no drive for me...

PRO.ST69orange

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 09, 02:07 PM
Senior Tech
Dave

Mark
I hope you were out cruising today...It was nice out.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 09, 03:15 PM
Senior Tech
David

I drove mine yesterday for the first time this year.

David F.

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 09, 04:19 PM
Tech Team

I drove my car around the block last weekend for the first time in 3 years.
Slid in the driveshaft, topped off the trans with fluid, and took her for a spin

Now I need to do the maiden voyage burnout! Can't wait to get this thing completed.

1969 Camaro 454/TH400, 4 wheel power disc brake conversion w/ drilled and slotted rotors. Coys wheels 18x8 front and 20x8.5 rear. Pro touring project in the making....
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 09, 04:39 PM
Senior Tech
Pat

Had both my 67 Camaro and 63 Impala out the last two weekends and today...but, in a twist of weather that only happens in Tennessee...it was 77 and sunny today,we are under a tornado watch now and believe it or not the high tomorrow is gonna be 40 with a low of 29 and snow...GEES!,well back in the garage for a while I guess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode