My new project - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 09, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
sIcKyIcKyMiCkY

My new project

I picked this up back in November..Im building a new Garage so the fun has to wait....

1968 Camaro PRO STREET 406 Brodix .645 Roller Glide brak Dana 60 5.38 Ladr bar 32.16.5
1989 Vette Z-51 357 Dart ,Billet Specialties
1986 IROCZ- 468 400
2003 Roadstar
2003 GMC 4X4
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 09, 07:29 PM
Team Member
Doug

Re: My new project

Car looks great as it sits. What do you have planned for it?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 09, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
sIcKyIcKyMiCkY

Ive been looking for a first gen "on and off" for years... always seemed to be playin with something else...Chopper$ Corvette$ -4x4$....I found this Drag car on Ebay ...Im building a new garage as we speak so I havent touched it yet...I found it in the sticks -"the middle of nebraska... a truck driver brought it up from Kentucky and lost interest... its a 2x3 tube-Ladder-bar backhalf with a narrowed DANA 60 with 5.38 gears -full spool strange axles 32.17.5 slicks-10 point cage,stock sub up front with Discs-drag springs with Limiters ,Lexan throughout...powered by a NASTY 406 with 13-1 Compr. Trw pistons- BRODIX-TRAK-1 cylinder heads.Harland Sharp Roller Rockers.Moroso-stud girdle,cam is a CHET HERBERT Billet Roller-with .645 lift -induction is by Edelbrock -Victor JR,fed by a Holley 830 cfm Annular discharge carb..Holley electric Pumps:.IGNITION is a MSD BILLET dist-MSD 7AL-2 BOX-exhaust is Hooker Super Comps.tranny is a Built Glide with a Trans-Brake :shifted by a RPM Activatedixie Electric shifted -Hurst Quarter Stick with a 4000 stall convertor- and Trans Shield...soon to be PRO STREET with a -NASTY-468 CI BIG BLOCK WITH OVERDRIVE .

1968 Camaro PRO STREET 406 Brodix .645 Roller Glide brak Dana 60 5.38 Ladr bar 32.16.5
1986 IROCZ- 468 400
2003 Roadstar
2003 GMC 4X4

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 09, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
sIcKyIcKyMiCkY

This car was owned by the owner of Somerset Toyota down in Kentucky :" big fancy lot" they tell me he had a nice 69SS for the street and a 32 ford too "gotta love rich guys" The car needs everything its been a drag car most of its life has no wiring harness except to the engine it needs glass,weather-stripping a bigger tank than 5 gallons,..the doors are hollow so...it needs doors.....it could use a real cooling system ..My plans are to "STREET ROD ify it"...nice interior BRUTAL RAT MOTOR...windows...aaah windows...

Im sure the car ran like Pro-Stock and Super Stock..I bet it has some storys to tell....I like the OL Skool cage-- looks kinda mean...

1986 IROCZ- 468 400
2003 Roadstar
2003 GMC 4X4

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 09, 09:33 PM
Senior Tech
George

Looks fun ! What kind of plans you have for it?

1948 Chevrolet Fleetline Areosedan PRO STREET!
406 Solid Roller motor!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 09, 05:00 PM
Senior Tech
David

Best of luck on your Pro Street rebuild.

David F.

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 09, 06:23 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
sIcKyIcKyMiCkY

Thanks..I cant wait to get started on it..this sites full of quality craftsmen with a lot of nice rides-lot of ideas- so a lot is up in the air fer now I love Nostalgia Rodz and this cars got a lot of Old Pro-Stock-Super Stock to it its gonna need to be totally re-done ,kinda hate to see it change but I want to give it a nice interior and make it a CAR again ...its incredible how nice the body is, Ive done my share of body work in my 28 years of OLD cArS ....I guess its gonna save me a lot of elbow grease ...since Ive got the car, -my shop areas been under construction and Ive only had time to examine it ..for rust ...car came from South of Kentucky and it seems to have less rust than my 2003 GMC ...and Ive looked it over pretty hard..I reconditioned used cars for 6 years so the rust isnt hidin from me ,, its not there....I guess it helps that its been a race car most of its Life..CARS GONE 9.60 THE GRUMP WOULD BE PLEASED"" ! ! ! ...Hey I love that 48 FLEETLINE I owned a 49 Fleetline for like 13 years as a kid but me and my brother were in to "Hot Rods-muscle cars" n such-so I never got around to doing anything with it and ended up sellin it to the neighbor....LOVE ALL THE METAL WORK ....I cant wait to see it done...

1986 IROCZ- 468 400
2003 Roadstar
2003 GMC 4X4

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 09, 06:28 AM
Senior Tech
Matt

Send a message via AIM to Blade

Nice project have fun.

I am in the same process.

Got to give the PEOPLE what they want!

Look....if you wanna be the best then you gotta take out the best!

1967 Prostreet Camaro
BB 431 650hp
400 Turbo Trans
Ford 9" 4:56 gears

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode