Swing out door bars - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 09, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Brett

Swing out door bars

Maybe some of you P/S guys can help. I'm looking for swing out door bar kits for my 69' pro street. I'm looking for the kind that are similar to a "pump shotgun" if that makes any sense.
I've got the pin type kit by Comp Engineering and don't care much for it. I've looked at S&W, Art Morrison, and Alston. No luck. Alston has some nicer kits, but I would prefer to find the pinless, spring loaded type.
Thanks in advance.
Brett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 09, 07:18 AM
Senior Tech
David

Re: Swing out door bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
Maybe some of you P/S guys can help. I'm looking for swing out door bar kits for my 69' pro street. I'm looking for the kind that are similar to a "pump shotgun" if that makes any sense.
I've got the pin type kit by Comp Engineering and don't care much for it. I've looked at S&W, Art Morrison, and Alston. No luck. Alston has some nicer kits, but I would prefer to find the pinless, spring loaded type.
Thanks in advance.
Brett
Did you look at these from Alston Race Cars ??????????

https://www.secureway1.com/alston/in...picture_id=133

David F.

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 09, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Brett

Thats exactly what I was looking for! I had checked
http://www.cachassisworks.com/ with no luck.

Thanks...ordering right now!

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 09, 03:18 PM
Senior Tech
David

Quote:

That's !!! Post pics of them installed when you can .

David F.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 09, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Brett

Will do. It's in car jail right now having the tranny re-rebuilt. First time didn't take. But getting closer to being able to post some "respectable" pics. Sure are some beautiful cars here.
Thanks again for your help!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 09, 03:38 PM
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Will do. It's in car jail right now having the tranny re-rebuilt. First time didn't take. But getting closer to being able to post some "respectable" pics. Sure are some beautiful cars here.
Thanks again for your help!
No problem, Brett!!! Helping a fellow Camaro owner is always a pleasure to me .

David F.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 09, 07:48 AM

btehtyi87p8oltgbruj678op9;imgjhy6i
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 09, 05:03 PM
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969ProStreetCamaro View Post
Did you look at these from Alston Race Cars ??????????

https://www.secureway1.com/alston/in...picture_id=133

David F.
Quote:

Brett,
Any progress on your swing out door bars ????????

David F.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 09, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Brett

David,
I've been mulling this over for quite a while. I contacted Alston (nice folks)concerning a few questions I had about their kit and ultimately decided that being mostly a street car, I would prefer having the door bar out of the car most of the time. I saw a pic on how Mike did his and after consulting with him decided to go that route. Ended up ordering a couple of clevis kits from A.R.T. yesterday.
I appreciate you finding that kit...I just couldn't sell myself on having the bar in the car all the time.
Thanks again for showing me that option and also thanks Mike for all your help as well.
Brett
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 09, 03:11 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Quote:
David,
I've been mulling this over for quite a while. I contacted Alston (nice folks)concerning a few questions I had about their kit and ultimately decided that being mostly a street car, I would prefer having the door bar out of the car most of the time. I saw a pic on how Mike did his and after consulting with him decided to go that route. Ended up ordering a couple of clevis kits from A.R.T. yesterday.
I appreciate you finding that kit...I just couldn't sell myself on having the bar in the car all the time.
Thanks again for showing me that option and also thanks Mike for all your help as well.
Brett

No problem,,glad I could help. You need to post your pictures here. I tried sending them to my home account but my work blocked it.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 09, 07:51 PM
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
David,
Brett
No problem Brett...glad it's going to be exactly how you want it .

David F.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 09, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Brett

The kits showed up on Thursday and my fabricator buddy was by the house today. Since I'm not a welder and I want this to look good (and he owes me a favor or three) I figured I'll let him take care of this job.
The mock up looked nice with the seats I'm using so as soon as he gets back from the PRI show in Florida next Sunday, I should be able to start making some progress. Burnout had kinda set in but after the last week or so of talking cars I'm getting my motivation back...lists going, more parts ordered, restocked the beer fridge...
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 09, 10:28 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Garage

here's mine as the Alston swing out bars were being installed.

'69 Camaro - 429 SBC Dart Iron Eagle 9.325" block, Crower crank, Crower 6" billet rods, Ross pistons (10:1), Total Seal rings, AFR 245 heads, T&D steel body shaft rockers, Cloyes Timing set, custom ground 4-7 swap solid roller 274/286 @ .050" with .704" lift, Dart single plane, Holley Dominator EFI on E85, Injector Dynamics ID2000 Injectors, Stef's #1705R oil pan, F2 Procharger, Lemons 2" primary 4" collector, ATI 9" blower converter
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 09, 11:09 AM
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve69SS396 View Post
here's mine as the Alston swing out bars were being installed.

Looks great !!!!!!!

David F.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 09, 02:08 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969ProStreetCamaro View Post
Looks great !!!!!!!

David F.
If you have to have swing out bars this is the nicest I've seen nice looking job....

PRO.ST69orange

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode