how rough? - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 09, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Alex Johnson

how rough?

how rough /bad would a 72-73 camaro base model camaro with 454,a th400,a 9" in an non truiangulated 4-link ride?any help is apreciated!

Last edited by psychotexan; Oct 3rd, 09 at 06:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 09, 06:43 PM
Senior Tech
David

Re: how rough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychotexan View Post
how rough /bad would a 72-73 camaro base model camaro with 454,a th400,a 9" in an non truiangulated 4-link ride?
If you choose the proper shocks & correct rate rear springs...I say the ride shouldn't be that bad.

David F.

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 09, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Alex Johnson

how will it handle?it will be driven on the street alot.i had a guy on nastyz28 say "stay far,far away from that car".

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 09, 07:04 PM
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
how will it handle?it will be driven on the street alot.i had a guy on nastyz28 say "stay far,far away from that car".
The wider the rear tire....the greater the tendency for the rear to "wallow" or sway on the road depending on the condition of the road. If you could get the 4 link properly triangulated it would be a much better ride....and probably safer as well.

David F.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 09, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Alex Johnson

thanks for your replys mr.david f. i only want to run a 16.5" rear tire.ill see what i can do when i when i get the car!!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 09, 07:26 PM
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
thanks for your replys mr.david f. i only want to run a 16.5" rear tire.ill see what i can do when i when i get the car!!
. Best of luck to you with your Camaro. If possible.....post some pics of it when you get it.

David F.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 09, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Alex Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969ProStreetCamaro View Post
. Best of luck to you with your Camaro. If possible.....post some pics of it when you get it.

David F.
will do mr.david f.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 09, 04:57 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Cant believe I missed this one I say go for it you fella cant beat a fat tire car and you will be the talk at the cruzins.What do you want to get out of the car,do you want a car that corners well or a fast straight line.You say non triangulated is it a wish bone or pan hard.S+w will tell you a pan hard is the way to go but I like the diagonal link.If it is a pan hard make sure it is not a short style.

PRO.ST69orange

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 09, 08:48 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969prostreetcamaro View Post
the wider the rear tire....the greater the tendency for the rear to "wallow" or sway on the road depending on the condition of the road. If you could get the 4 link properly triangulated it would be a much better ride....and probably safer as well.

David f.
x2:d
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 09, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Alex Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Street69Camaro468 View Post
Cant believe I missed this one I say go for it you fella cant beat a fat tire car and you will be the talk at the cruzins.What do you want to get out of the car,do you want a car that corners well or a fast straight line.You say non triangulated is it a wish bone or pan hard.S+w will tell you a pan hard is the way to go but I like the diagonal link.If it is a pan hard make sure it is not a short style.
last time i looked at it it was on jack stands and doesnt have any shocks so i couldnt see the 4-link very well,but its just like the drag cars.it will be built to handle cuz its going to be a "street/strip" car mostly street
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 09, 06:09 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Street69Camaro468 View Post
I have ladder bars on my camaro with a panhard bar. My bar is only about 14" long. It doesnt handle to bad. I have had it together like this for 15 years.

What is bad about a short panhard bar. I was told to just keep it horizional. Dont make it at an angle.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 09, 01:28 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Alex Johnson

well looks as though after thinking(bad for my health) i wont be getting the camaro cuz it needs aloooootttt of work that i dont have the time for as im about to start school also im 18,id love to have it but i cant afford it.even my pops said he didnt want to hurt my feelings but he said it needs to much work for me to do by myself as im not experienced enough for some of the things that need to be done.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 09, 03:29 AM
Senior Tech
Jerry

Alex, is this car for sale in the FW area? If you want me to check it out and give you my opinion, no prob, I live in Arlington.
You may want to check out the cruise-in at the Albertson's at I-20 at Little road. It's up to 100+ cars every Friday night.

Jerry

67 RS coupe, Black
68 Pro street Torch Red, blown 427

Last edited by rat3j396; Oct 6th, 09 at 03:42 AM.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 09, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Alex Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by rat3j396 View Post
Alex, is this car for sale in the FW area? If you want me to check it out and give you my opinion, no prob, I live in Arlington.
You may want to check out the cruise-in at the Albertson's at I-20 at Little road. It's up to 100+ cars every Friday night.

thanks but thats not it its at a speed shop on mansfild highway its also a 72-73 camaro
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 09, 04:16 PM
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
well looks as though after thinking(bad for my health) i wont be getting the camaro cuz it needs aloooootttt of work that i dont have the time for as im about to start school also im 18,id love to have it but i cant afford it.even my pops said he didnt want to hurt my feelings but he said it needs to much work for me to do by myself as im not experienced enough for some of the things that need to be done.
Keep searching...I bet you can find a Camaro in better shape.....you'll probably find it when/where you least expect it .

David F.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode