My winter Pro Street rebuild! Need some thoughts.Pics!! - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 09, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Chris

Question My winter Pro Street rebuild! Need some thoughts.Pics!!

Well its time finally for me to redo my 69 camaro.. The paint is 10yrs old and showing age plus im looking at something other then blue this time.. Need some of your guys thoughts.. my plans are, wheels billet street lites, all autometer gauges in the dash. And colors are a toss between Viper graphite grey or Cyber grey (on the new Zr1) Thoughts? Im also thinking of putting the black top back on it and will be putting black stripes on it. So which color to go with and use a black top or not?? Should I paint match the cage to the car? Let me know your thoughts guys,, and thanks I will be updateing this thread with new pics as I go along.. As of last week here is what she looks like after some tear down

1969 Camaro Prostreet 406ci (Jensen engine)
1998 Camaro Z28 M6 370ci Lq4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 09, 04:47 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

Re: My winter Pro Street rebuild! Need some thoughts.Pics!!

Man i realy like that first picture alot.... Keep that hood it looks sick coming right at you all sideways... My only thought is just take your time and build like you want.

I NEED TO HIT THE LOTTERY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 09, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Chris

Thanks man... Ya its nice now that I have some more funds to really do more of what I wanted to do since back when I did the car years ago I didnt.. lol

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 09, 10:04 PM
Tech Team
Scott

I'd go with the Cybre gray or even the Spiral Gray, Love the street lite's what are you doing with the rear Draglites?

93 Z28,76 LT, 69 prostreet Camaro 511bbc,400Turbo 8.75 Chry.5:13's,64 Vette drag car, 03 ZO6
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 09, 03:21 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

I painted my cage body color. Dont buy the MT SR radial tires. You will be sorry. I had a set on my car (33 x 22 x 15 )and they made my car act crazy. I talked to different people that have them and they said the same. I put Hoosier quick time pro on the car and the problem went away. Just a heads up.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 09, 04:42 PM
Senior Tech
David

I chose not to radically customize my interior. I really like the way the stock interior looks so thats what I did.........................

I also installed my tach on the console...........

David F.

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 10, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Chris

Ok guys im back from hideing kinda... Getting ready to start on the car this week again. Was distracted from it due to a bad accident I was in with my truck last month but things are getting back to normal so I can get rolling on it again.... Colors have been picked... Arrival Blue/Black stripes just not sure about maybe doing the back panel black also.. thought?? here is a pic of what was left from my truck.. guy ran a red light in a dodge 2500 and i stopped him...

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 10, 03:29 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhra_crazy View Post
Ok guys im back from hideing kinda... Getting ready to start on the car this week again. Was distracted from it due to a bad accident I was in with my truck last month but things are getting back to normal so I can get rolling on it again.... Colors have been picked... Arrival Blue/Black stripes just not sure about maybe doing the back panel black also.. thought?? here is a pic of what was left from my truck.. guy ran a red light in a dodge 2500 and i stopped him...

OUCH,,,glad you were OK.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 10, 04:26 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Man that sucks were you by your self.

Back to your car are you changing any components such as brakes,chassis,interior,or motor?Just currious as to what your changing or is it just paint work your gonna do...Any way good luck and like some one said take your time when ever you rush some thing always go's wrong.

PRO.ST69orange

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 10, 05:27 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Chris

Yes ... Will have some pics later today. I got a cleaner subframe for it.. wilwood discs for the front. Will be doing all tubeular comtrol arms then send the car to get the rest of the bars but in and the frame tied in. Also towards summer will be doing full quarters and tail pan. As for the interior I will be doing the stockish clean look with full carpet getting done and all the autometer gauges will be in the dash. Oh and i just scored a Nos super power shot for it.. The motor will just be gone over and headers getting jet hotted.
And yes there was a passenger with me.. for onces in my life I can say he was not wearing his seat belt, I was. He landed on me but if he would of had it on he may of been really hurt..

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 10, 09:19 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Sounds like a plan keep us posted...

PRO.ST69orange

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 10, 06:19 PM
Tech Team
Scott

Lots of winter projects going on here hope summer don't get here soon

93 Z28,76 LT, 69 prostreet Camaro 511bbc,400Turbo 8.75 Chry.5:13's,64 Vette drag car, 03 ZO6
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 10, 03:40 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

i like the blue scheme you picked out with the top!

BILL D.
JOHN 3:16
SEMPER FI
if you have a bbc in your 1st gen 67-69 camaro click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post yours up!!

if you have an all original 1st gen camaro 67-69 click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post your up!!

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 10, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Chris

Ya im still unsure about another top since my roof is in great condition... I would hate to hide it.. Im in my shop now wrenching and typeing..lol

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 10, 09:27 AM
Senior Tech
Bruce

Hey neighbor, I'm up here in Lancaster County. Ever been up here?

I like black vinyl tops, in fact my 69 has one and I'm repainting it Lemans Blue with white stripes.
Saw that color scheme one day on a 69 Camaro driving on Rt 222, while heading down to Philly one day and loved it. It just happened the 69 I bought had a black top and decided to keep it on.

What size cowl are you using?

Ever hear of Denny's Camaro Parts in Mountville, PA?

Bruce

69 Camaro, 496, 10.34 @ 134.77 mph.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode