Pre-fab Pro Street Chassis - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 10, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Brett

Pre-fab Pro Street Chassis

Found this in the newest issue of Hot Rod and checked out their site. No price listed but if Pro Street is dead then why are there products like this out there? Looks like a nice piece...

http://www.jimmeyerracing.com/cm6769.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 10, 05:51 PM
Senior Tech
Chris

Send a message via Yahoo to cluxford
Re: Pre-fab Pro Street Chassis

Who said pro street was dead ?

I'd say far far from it. It's just that resto-mod, concours, pro-touring etc are all popular also. I see a bunch of new PS cars being unveiled all the time

Awesome looking product, wish it was around when I started my build
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 10, 06:09 PM
Senior Tech
Steve

Camaro subframe is 6800 there's a link to the price sheet

69 Pace Car and 69 Hard top

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 10, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Brett

I didn't catch the link for the price, the article in HR said call for price. $6800 isn't too bad for what you get, especially if you were rebuilding something that needed the sub frame replaced.
The Pro Street being dead comment was based on some of the stuff I've read on here and some of the jabs I get locally...
"That car looks great...if it was 1990 again."
(The buddy that said that has one of the best mullets I've ever seen, and his daily driver is a 94 or so Trans Am with one of those dealer installed convertable top kits. And Whitesnake permanantly stuck in the tape deck...no lie!)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 10, 10:50 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

I don't see where this chassis has any thing to do with Pro-Street it would fit more into Pro-Touring than PS.I am not liking the design the four link brackets stick above the floor the frame rails are not narrow enough and I am not a fan of the pan hard bar.Pro-Street is usualy point towards back halfing a car....JMO...

PRO.ST69orange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 10, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Brett

It's funny that the article in HR and the advertisement say Pro Street but the price sheet says Pro Touring chassis...does say you can order any width of rear frame.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 10, 12:30 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
It's funny that the article in HR and the advertisement say Pro Street but the price sheet says Pro Touring chassis...does say you can order any width of rear frame.
This makes a little more sence.Did you take notice the top front of the four link bar.

PRO.ST69orange

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 10, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Brett

I didn't notice anything out of place, but then my car is a ladder bar set up so no reference to go off of. It does stick up but if you ordered a narrower setup, wouldn't that bracket be moved inboard some? Or are you refering to something else? Maybe I should throw the link over the fence into Pro Touring's yard. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode