what is it??? - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 10, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jon

what is it???

Reading the "what is pro street" thread got me wondering what my car is. It is a 69 camaro with a bbc and a 671 supercharger sticking out of the hood but it only has 17x8 wheels on it so I am not sure what to think of it as. It also only has the stock orange houndstooth interior/no roll cage. I have always thought prostreet cars meant that they were tubbed but it looks like there are some different opinions. What do you guys think? Dont want to join the wrong gang!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 10, 12:50 PM
Senior Tech
David

Re: what is it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jons69chevy View Post
Reading the "what is pro street" thread got me wondering what my car is. It is a 69 camaro with a bbc and a 671 supercharger sticking out of the hood but it only has 17x8 wheels on it so I am not sure what to think of it as. It also only has the stock orange houndstooth interior/no roll cage. I have always thought prostreet cars meant that they were tubbed but it looks like there are some different opinions. What do you guys think? Dont want to join the wrong gang!
It's obviously not "Pro Touring" because it doesn't meet the following criteria.....

1. A website devoted to it's "build"
2. The car has not been given a name such as "Project Yada Yada Yada"
3. No rendering of the car depicting what it will look like when completed.

I would say, Imo, your Camaro would be a Street Machine or maybe a RestoMod.

David F.
www.firstgens.com

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 10, 09:36 PM
Senior Tech
Royce

People put too much faith in a "title" your car is well a car. It's what you want it to be. Sounds like a hot rod to me. My car does not fit any specific type of build, it's just a street car if you ask me. It's blown, tubbed but, doesn't have huge tires, it does have a cage, skinnies in front. To me it's a street/strip car, it's the way I wanted it. If people want to call it pro street that's fine, to me it's not.

Royce (NO XQSSS) Bradley

(brief sound/video clip, 3 1/2" exhaust through Borla Sportsman mufflers)

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 10, 11:01 AM
Senior Tech
Timothy

To me pro street means a serious drag racer but is street legal. Im sure some would argue.

My 69 RS/SS 396 Project -

"I may be dumb but I aint stupid"
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 10, 11:13 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969ProStreetCamaro View Post
It's obviously not "Pro Touring" because it doesn't meet the following criteria.....

1. A website devoted to it's "build"
2. The car has not been given a name such as "Project Yada Yada Yada"
3. No rendering of the car depicting what it will look like when completed.

I would say, Imo, your Camaro would be a Street Machine or maybe a RestoMod.

David F.
www.firstgens.com
But it may well be a pro-street because if you took it to a road track you could probably time it with a sun dial.

But to the OP - hot rod, resto-mod or simply "my car."

Mike - '68 Camaro with lots of stuff done to it.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 10, 12:51 PM
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkelcy View Post
But it may well be a pro-street because if you took it to a road track you could probably time it with a sun dial.

But to the OP - hot rod, resto-mod or simply "my car."
The "debate" continues!!!!!!!!!

David F.
www.firstgens.com

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 10, 09:30 PM
Senior Tech
Alex Folino

Send a message via AIM to AlexFolino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microgiant View Post
To me pro street means a serious drag racer but is street legal. Im sure some would argue.
i think you hit the nail on the head. Im not much in to titles of cars like mentioned above but to me a pro street car is pretty much a race car that also sees the street and a pro touring car is a car thats made to take bends at 500mph and has more modern style drivetrain, braking, and interior.

GM service technician.

25 years old. I only drive chevys. Everything else and i do mean everything can rust in piece.

68 owner-The only way to go

Camaro: A small vicious animal that eats mustangs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode