New Jersey QQ Plates - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 10, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dave

New Jersey QQ Plates

I got a question about NJ QQ plates. If you have a blower coming out the hood would you still be able to get the paltes? They want pictures of the car do you photoshop it? Also what insurance co do you go with.

"Ownership of a ridiculously fast car is a boys first step into manhood, and a mans last grasp on boyhood."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 10, 03:46 AM
Kevin

Re: New Jersey QQ Plates

Dave good luck. I don't see anything about not having speed equipment on njmvc, but some ins co's frown on blowers. There is a guy with a blown Z11 here, that drives on the streets in NJ. he is the one to talk to, but I forgot his screen name. try some searches for him.

Kevin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 10, 03:48 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

move to n.c, we welcome blower cars and insurance companies profile down here.

BILL D.
JOHN 3:16
SEMPER FI
if you have a bbc in your 1st gen 67-69 camaro click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post yours up!!

if you have an all original 1st gen camaro 67-69 click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post your up!!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 10, 04:30 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

I just changed to Grundy from Haggerty insurance. Prostreet,blower motor, roll bar, 60k for 421.00 a year. I was paying 700.00 at Haggerty.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 10, 05:38 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Garage

Happen to have a form on my desk...here is a quick summary of the 7 musts that govern the use of historic vehicles...I shortend 2 thru 7

1. Historic Motor Vehicle means any motor vehicle which is at least 25 years old and which is owned as a collector's item and used Soley for exhibition and educational purposes by the owner.

2. Any owner who is a resident of NJ must have a NJ title in thier name. however a standard NJ registration is not required before applying for historic plates/registration

3. For each historic motor vehicle a special non-conventional reg and license plate can be issued. They are valid........renewal every three years.....no cost.

4. The fee is $44.00 for standard $94.00 for custom plate....

5. No inspection is required for vehicles registared in the historic category....

6. Two color photographs one fornt one side and a copy of the title.

7. Proper insurance.....give name and policy number of insurance co.....

Do not see anything about a blower.......It is covered in number one.....educational purposes.........

Motorcycles are not eligible for historic or personalized or courtesy plates

8 to 10 weeks

Hope this helps.....but the photo shop might not be a bad idea......dealing with Goverment here........

8 Ball Racing
Member #120
1969 X77 9 E 69 302 M21 Wallace Chevrolet

1969 RSSS rag top 7 E 69 350 turbo 350

1969 Triple Blue 10 D 68

1968 Chevelle 03 A 68
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 10, 07:08 AM
Senior Tech
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ballracing View Post
Happen to have a form on my desk...here is a quick summary of the 7 musts that govern the use of historic vehicles...I shortend 2 thru 7

1. Historic Motor Vehicle means any motor vehicle which is at least 25 years old and which is owned as a collector's item and used Soley for exhibition and educational purposes by the owner.

2. Any owner who is a resident of NJ must have a NJ title in thier name. however a standard NJ registration is not required before applying for historic plates/registration

3. For each historic motor vehicle a special non-conventional reg and license plate can be issued. They are valid........renewal every three years.....no cost.

4. The fee is $44.00 for standard $94.00 for custom plate....

5. No inspection is required for vehicles registared in the historic category....

6. Two color photographs one fornt one side and a copy of the title.

7. Proper insurance.....give name and policy number of insurance co.....

Do not see anything about a blower.......It is covered in number one.....educational purposes.........

Motorcycles are not eligible for historic or personalized or courtesy plates

8 to 10 weeks

Hope this helps.....but the photo shop might not be a bad idea......dealing with Goverment here........
I love this part. I am driving it for an exhibition of speed and I am doing educational research into the power increases from a smaller blower pulley.

All kidding aside, that's pretty much it. Depending on where you are you might want to go to Trenton to register it in person so you have a chance of talking your way through any issue. If you do it through the mail you are flying blind.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 10, 04:23 AM
Senior Tech
MARK

Garage
Send a message via AIM to PROZ11

Hey Dave,
I have QQ plates on my car and have been driving it for years. I've never had any problems. Technecally my blower doesn't stick through the hood since I don't have a hood on the car (yet)...LOL I have Grundy Ins and also have not had any problems. I sent them a few pictures of thecar and they covered it with not issues. I pay just over $400.00 a year with just over $50K in agreed value coverage..

Mark

Pro Street Z11 clone

YOUTUBE VIDEO:

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 10, 05:18 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dave

Hi Mark
Did you send the state pictures of the car with the blower? That is my main concern. Or should I send them other pictures (photoshopped). I'm going to try to go the the cruise at Walmat Friday night if your into going...Thanks

"Ownership of a ridiculously fast car is a boys first step into manhood, and a mans last grasp on boyhood."
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 10, 01:27 PM
Senior Tech
MARK

Garage
Send a message via AIM to PROZ11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCKYSTAR2990818 View Post
Hi Mark
Did you send the state pictures of the car with the blower? That is my main concern. Or should I send them other pictures (photoshopped). I'm going to try to go the the cruise at Walmat Friday night if your into going...Thanks
Hey Dave,
I was just talking to Tony and we were thinking about going tomorrow night. Call me or email me and let know if you are going. What are you driving these days? Do you still have the orange car? Something else?
I really don't think it matters if you have a blower on the car to get QQ plates. It just has to be 25 yrs old and limited use blah blah blah.. There are plenty of blown cars running around NJ with QQ plates. I doubt they all had to photoshop thier pictures. I don't think I had to send pictures when I registered my car. I think I did it online.

Mark

Pro Street Z11 clone

YOUTUBE VIDEO:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode