Hoosier Quicktime (Not Pros)? - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old May 5th, 10, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Garry

Question Hoosier Quicktime (Not Pros)?

Ok another tire question Anyone running Hoosier Quicktime (Not Pros) tires?? If so whats your thoughts on them? Iím running 33x19.50-15 M/T sportsmanís now and with the new stroked motor there like driving on ice bouncing off the rev-limiter (7 Grand) right off the line I'd rather not run the pros just incase I get stuck somewhere in the rain

Thanks again guys

Garry
1967 Pro-St Camaro
489ci 622hp @ 6000rpm 593ft-lbs. torque @ 4800rpm on pump gas
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1975 El Camino Ground-up Resto Done after 12 years! 7-17-07

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old May 5th, 10, 08:21 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Re: Hoosier Quicktime (Not Pros)?

Garry,,

I know what you mean about getting stuck in the rain. I have the Pros now and have had almost all the prostreet tires. For traction these are the best I have had.

I also has the MT ET streets and got caught in the rain,,,very scary.

I'll just park it till the rain stops or get a flat bed wrecker to get it home.

They also make the dirt track tires( mickey thompson ) that arent dot approved that have thread on them. Royce has talked about them and they get good traction.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old May 5th, 10, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Garry

Talking Re: Hoosier Quicktime (Not Pros)?

Thanks Mike I did find another post about the tires you've tried when I did a search. like your ride BTW ever try the Hoosier pro-street rad?

Garry
1967 Pro-St Camaro

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old May 5th, 10, 11:39 AM
Senior Tech
Royce

The quixk times will be comparable to the MT sportsmans, they are a fairly hard tire not going to give you much traction. Take a look at sprint car tires, they can be had in all different sizes and compounds (dirt or asphalt), they look awesome on tubbed cars as wel. I suggested this to a friend of mine with a tubbed 56 Chevy and he just put them on America Racer (D5 Compound if I remember right), cost between $150-200 per tire and have a great tread pattern. They are an asphalt tire. Back when tubbed cars started hitting the street it was very popular to run sprint car tires because the manufactures hadn't started making treaded tires of that size.

I'll try to get a picture of his car and post it up, the car isn't done but, you will get an idea of the way the tires look.

Royce (NO XQSSS) Bradley

(brief sound/video clip, 3 1/2" exhaust through Borla Sportsman mufflers)
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old May 5th, 10, 11:44 AM
Senior Tech
Royce

Here is a link to a picture of the style tire I am talking about http://www.hyperracing.com/img/p/20-190-s.gif

Royce (NO XQSSS) Bradley

(brief sound/video clip, 3 1/2" exhaust through Borla Sportsman mufflers)
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old May 5th, 10, 07:17 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Street Garry View Post
Thanks Mike I did find another post about the tires you've tried when I did a search. like your ride BTW ever try the Hoosier pro-street rad?
No I have never tried the Hoosier radial. That might be the next tire I try. The MT SR radials are a nice tire. No traction at all. Felt like I was in high school again chripping in 2nd gear. But they made my car handle funny when I hit it hard.

Mike

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old May 6th, 10, 09:15 AM
Senior Tech
Bruce

Hey buddy,

You better get something that hooks......I got me a nice set of Goodyear
32 x 14's getting ready to me mounted....

Man I can just taste that Mike's Hard Ice Tea....Oh yeah and I would like the lemon tea flavor.

Coming soon to a local track....

Bruce

69 Camaro, 496, 10.34 @ 134.77 mph.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old May 6th, 10, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Garry

Talking Re: Hoosier Quicktime (Not Pros)?

Thanks for the info Mike and Royce

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce69camaro View Post
Hey buddy,

You better get something that hooks......I got me a nice set of Goodyear
32 x 14's getting ready to me mounted....

Man I can just taste that Mike's Hard Ice Tea....Oh yeah and I would like the lemon tea flavor.

Coming soon to a local track....

Bruce
lol Ok Bruce you my have me??? Take care buddy

Garry
1967 Pro-St Camaro

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old May 11th, 10, 09:09 AM
Senior Tech
Bruce

Hey Gary,

I can let you try these....just got them and ready to put them on.

Coming to a track near you.....Bruce

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old May 11th, 10, 02:33 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

I would like to know about the Hoosier radials as well I have MT sportsman pros and they are in my opinion junk.I think my next thinn will be to get Et streets and new wheels and have both.Its a pain to change them but gotta take the good with the bad....

PRO.ST69orange

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old May 17th, 10, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Garry

Thumbs up Re: Hoosier Quicktime (Not Pros)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce69camaro View Post
Hey Gary,

I can let you try these....just got them and ready to put them on.

Coming to a track near you.....Bruce
Should hook up with them MEATS!

Ok bit the bullet and got some tires... After thinking long and hard about what I want to do with the car I ended up getting the Hoosier Pro-Street radial. Tested them out this weekend putting over 200 miles on the car 70 on Saturday and the rest sunday...dove out to a car show 55 miles one way Love the way the car goes down the road when you mat it there is no wobble at all. On the bad side as we all know...forget matting it from a dead stop.... Guess I could look for another set of rims an DOT slicks if I want to play harder....

Thanks again guys

Garry
1967 Pro-St Camaro

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 10, 03:34 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Give us some pictures of the tires. What the thread looks like and the sidewall. What size did you get?

Mike

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old May 26th, 10, 05:38 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Garry

Smile Re: Hoosier Quicktime (Not Pros)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreet69camaro View Post
Give us some pictures of the tires. What the thread looks like and the sidewall. What size did you get?
Hey Mike I was running 33x19.50-15 M/T sportsmanís I wanted to try the 33x22.5 Pro-St but my rim is 14" wide so I went with the 31x18.5 The foot print of them are bigger then the M/T's I've been emailing Steve at Hoosier for the past two years asking if they where planning on making a 33x19.5. At first it was a maybe but that soon turned to a no.

I'll try to get some pics this weekend and post them. I really like the looks of threads they look more old school then the other tires out there.

Garry
1967 Pro-St Camaro

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 10, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Garry

Talking Re: Hoosier Quicktime (Not Pros)? New Tire Pics

Sorry it took so long to post the pics...

First one did not come out that great took it with my cell phone.

Garry
1967 Pro-St Camaro

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 10, 09:20 AM
Senior Tech
Bruce

What, no rims screws?

Bruce

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode