Wake up!!!! - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 10, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Greg

Wake up!!!!

This section is dead...

You prostreet boys need to quit snoozing and update everyone on the best looking Camaros (the tubbed ones!)

Mine is coming along, SLOWLY. It's been in the paint booth for 5 months, yes, 5 months (don't ask.)

Here is a recent picture, it's almost there. Just need to bolt on the Prostars, lower it, put all the trim on and install the interior.

1968 Prostreet Camaro - 540ci Big M, Dart Heads, 200-4R, narrowed 9"

2002 Hayabusa - 1464cc Muzzy's Big Block, low and slow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 10, 03:36 AM
Senior Tech
John

Re: Wake up!!!!

Why has it been in a paint booth for 5 month's? I had to ask. Becuase surely theres a line of other cars waiting for it to get out.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 10, 03:38 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

it looks like the section is dead because everybody is in a paint booth for 5 months?
im sorry but i have to ask also?..and why 5 months?.
FORGOT TO ADD..AWESOME LOOKING RIDE BY THE WAY..WHAT IS THE SPECS ON HER?

BILL D.
JOHN 3:16
SEMPER FI
if you have a bbc in your 1st gen 67-69 camaro click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post yours up!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

if you have an all original 1st gen camaro 67-69 click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post your up!!

Last edited by SPARKY69; Jun 24th, 10 at 05:37 AM.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 10, 04:33 AM
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS14PSI View Post
This section is dead...

You prostreet boys need to quit snoozing and update everyone on the best looking Camaros (the tubbed ones!)

Mine is coming along, SLOWLY. It's been in the paint booth for 5 months, yes, 5 months (don't ask.)

Here is a recent picture, it's almost there. Just need to bolt on the Prostars, lower it, put all the trim on and install the interior.

Great looking Camaro

David F.
www.firstgens.com

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 10, 05:31 AM
Senior Tech
Patrick

Great looking car!!! Why was it in the paintbooth for 5 months?

69RS/SS,383,10:1cr,4.10,60ft1.6sec,1/[email protected],1/[email protected],Vicjr,RPMheads,750dp, Proform main body, cam,246*-250*@.050,.510,522,1.6rr,700r4,3200stall
383 IS SOLD!
Building a 489BBC

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 10, 05:49 AM
Senior Tech
Chris

I don't think to many people have the heart to tub one anymore! Everyone did that when they were plentiful and CHEAP!

Do your homework!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 10, 05:51 AM
Senior Tech
mark

Like the stance. So why was it in the paint booth for 5 months? mark
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 10, 06:37 AM
Senior Tech
Jeff

Mines at a complete standstill......I bought another race car (circle track). Your ride is gonna be nice. Why'd it take sooooooo long to paint?

I may be old and slow, but ........what the heck was I gonna say?
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 10, 06:51 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Car looks very nice. I have been building a protouring car for 5 years. Its almost finished then I plan on redoing my prostreet car.

Why was it in the paint booth for 5 months????

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 10, 07:28 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Christopher

The car looks great, but I am only 5'8" tall, I would not be able to see over your hood. I had only a 4" lift on my Fiberglass Cowl induction hood, and it really played with my perception. A car this nice, you don't want to run into something.

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 10, 08:03 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by psy4s View Post
The car looks great, but I am only 5'8" tall, I would not be able to see over your hood. I had only a 4" lift on my Fiberglass Cowl induction hood, and it really played with my perception. A car this nice, you don't want to run into something.

Wait till he has a blower sticking out the hood.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 10, 08:40 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Garage

Greg - Your car looks good. When do you think you'll have it running? Are you going to take it to Sac Raceway?

'69 Camaro - 429 SBC Dart Iron Eagle 9.325" block, Crower crank, Crower 6" billet rods, Ross pistons (10:1), Total Seal rings, AFR 245 heads, T&D steel body shaft rockers, Cloyes Timing set, custom ground 4-7 swap solid roller 274/286 @ .050" with .704" lift, Dart single plane, Holley Dominator EFI on E85, Injector Dynamics ID2000 Injectors, Stef's #1705R oil pan, F2 Procharger, Lemons 2" primary 4" collector, ATI 9" blower converter
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 10, 08:59 AM
Senior Tech
Jim

Man that's a nice looking ride (for pro-street ). Bet it's gonna be killer when she's done. So, why the heck was it in paint for 5 months??? What the ....
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 10, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
Great looking car!!! Why was it in the paintbooth for 5 months?
You guys are killing me! Well, it was just one excuse after another from the painter/body guy. He does good work and is a good dude, but for some reason he felt it was okay to always put my car on the backburner in order to make room for quick insurance jobs that really pay the bills and keep his business running. I'm a very, very patient man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroud6 View Post
Like the stance. So why was it in the paint booth for 5 months? mark
It needs to be lowered baaaad, especially in the front. I can't wait to get it sitting in the weeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psy4s View Post
Been hearing this all my life. I love cowl hoods, and think most muscle cars are incomplete without one, I'm a tall guy though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreet69camaro View Post
Wait till he has a blower sticking out the hood.
Damn straight, can't wait for that. I want an 871 with the intercooler.....get that air cleaner level with the roofline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve69SS396 View Post
Greg - Your car looks good. When do you think you'll have it running? Are you going to take it to Sac Raceway?
Probably, but I don't think it's all that fast. It's a 468 with a HUGE cam, 200-4R trans, 9" rear w/3.73's. It runs well, but it's more of a cruiser than a race car.

1968 Prostreet Camaro - 540ci Big M, Dart Heads, 200-4R, narrowed 9"

2002 Hayabusa - 1464cc Muzzy's Big Block, low and slow
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 10, 06:45 AM
BA.
Gold Lifetime Member
Allan

"You guys are killing me! Well, it was just one excuse after another from the painter/body guy. He does good work and is a good dude, but for some reason he felt it was okay to always put my car on the backburner in order to make room for quick insurance jobs that really pay the bills and keep his business running. I'm a very, very patient man."

Great looking ride,..... I feel your pain on the paint shop excuses and Insurance jobs coming First. .....siigh. they don't usually tell you that up front when you bring your car in!

69 RS - LS7, T56, Currie, DSE, ATS, Vintage Air, Wilwood
Original floor/trunk. Under construction.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode