Exterior updates to my '69 - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 13, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Chad

Exterior updates to my '69

After getting my garage makeover done I've been back to working on the Camaro. Put all new steering parts in and had it aligned which improved things a lot.

I've been really focused on exterior updates lately. I just got it tinted yesterday and also put on some new louvers and emblems. I also ordered some new Fesler RS tail lights and some clear headlights from Classic Industries. Should really freshen it up some.

My only other plans for the exterior after this will be to do the RS headlight conversion (Is there ANY way to do this cheaper than $1k??) and also do some new wheels and tires. My tires are shot so I would really like to upsize the wheels some since I'm buying new tires anyway. I know they are common but I still like the look of Torque Thrust II's or something similar. I'll be running the MT street radials in a 31x18 so I can put my tubs to good use of course!

Here are some updated pictures...

1969 Camaro SS X66
496 BBC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 13, 02:15 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage
Re: Exterior updates to my '69

The camaro and the garage both look great! There are a lot of choices similar to the TT2's. Shop around and you might find one you like even better.

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 13, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Chad

Thank man. Yes I've really been interested in Boyds wheels or Billet Specialties as well. I'm torn because 15" is too small but I have to go up to 20's for the wide meats I need. I with MT would make a 18" rim size would be perfect.

1969 Camaro SS X66
496 BBC

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 13, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Chad

Here are the front and rear lights coming soon.

1969 Camaro SS X66
496 BBC

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 13, 07:42 PM
Tech Team
Chris

Looking killer man!! Curious what size tire/wheel ya running in the rear?

1969 Camaro Prostreet 406ci (Jensen engine)
1998 Camaro Z28 M6 370ci Lq4
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old Dec 30th, 13, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhra_crazy View Post
Looking killer man!! Curious what size tire/wheel ya running in the rear?
Thanks man! I'm using a Hoosier Quick time (not the pro) 31x18.5x15".

Wheels are 15x15 in the back.

1969 Camaro SS X66
496 BBC

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old Dec 30th, 13, 08:59 PM
Tech Team
Chris

Gonna assume then your quarters are cut to fit those tires?

1969 Camaro Prostreet 406ci (Jensen engine)
1998 Camaro Z28 M6 370ci Lq4
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 14, 06:25 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Chad

Quote:
I THINK so...I bought the car with the body and paint done. After putting on the rear louvers I could see the profile is different compared to stock photos. Looks like the bottom curve/arch of the fender is opened up. I usually let the air out of the tires and work them up in the wheel well to install. I have plenty of clearance on both sides once they are in though.

1969 Camaro SS X66
496 BBC

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 14, 06:49 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Your Camaro AND it's bedroom.... look super ..

Gary
69Z28-RS
Corvettes (5), Nomads (2), El Camino, etc
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 14, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Chad

Thanks Gary! I like working on the garage as much as the Camaro!

1969 Camaro SS X66
496 BBC

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 14, 12:07 PM
Tech Team
Lance

That's a great looking car. Have you considered Weld Racings newer RTS wheels? They're an SFI approved drag race style wheel, but offered in 15, 17, 18 and 20" diameters. I think a set of 17x4 and 17x14 (or whatever your tubs will allow) with black centers would look really good with that red/black combo of your car. They keep the "race" look, but with a modern twist!

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 14, 07:20 PM
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69bigblok View Post
I THINK so...I bought the car with the body and paint done. After putting on the rear louvers I could see the profile is different compared to stock photos. Looks like the bottom curve/arch of the fender is opened up. I usually let the air out of the tires and work them up in the wheel well to install. I have plenty of clearance on both sides once they are in though.
You are correct Chad. Comparing your photo to mine below showing my rear quarter that is stretched for 33"x 19.50" tires on a 15" diameter rim.

.....and I'm also jealous of your garage and all of its' contents .

Kind Regards,
David F.

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 14, 09:01 PM
Team Member
Ty

I hate you....lol

I don't know which is better, the car or the garage.

She is looking pretty...what color is that paint?

Love it!!!
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 14, 08:11 AM
Senior Tech
Bruce

Hey Chad,

Bout time you got the garage done....looks awesome dude. I got that page saved in my favorites for your garage makeover.

Stupid question, you ordered the RS taillights, what are you going to do for backup lights?

You going to cut in the RS backup lights or leave it as is?

69 Camaro, 496, 10.34 @ 134.77 mph.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 14, 04:09 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

I didnt have good luck with the MT SR radials on my camaro. I ended up with Hoosier quick time pros. The SR radials are a great street tire though. I like a prostreet car with 15" rims but if you like the 18's or 20's its your car.

Checkout the Billet Specialities Street Lite rims. A Billet rim and affordable in our sizes.

I bought a diy kit from a member here for the electric motor kit for the RS front lights.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode