The Importance of Winter Wiper Blades and Glass Treatment - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 30th, 14, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
Mike

The Importance of Winter Wiper Blades and Glass Treatment

Snow, ice, freezing rain, and frigid temperatures make winter driving treacherous; nevertheless you're prepared, right? But what about your wiper blades?

If they're the same ones that baked on your windshield all summer then you could be in for problems. How do you know if your wiper blades are any good? At no time of the year is seeing out of your windshield more important, and more difficult, than in winter. Quality wiper blades should evenly and effectively squeegee water out of their path in both directions no matter what speed you're going. Soft rubber compounds necessary for wiper performance are always under attack by road grit, the sun, acid rain, tree sap, ice, and especially winter salt. Arm your car or truck with Rain-X Glass Treatment and Rain-X wipers.

Rain-X Latitude 8-In-1 Wiper Blades are the ultimate blades for sleet and snow. Unlike conventional wiper blade frames, the Latitude's beam design won't collect ice and snow, which can freeze conventional frames to the point where the blade no longer contacts the windshield. With Latitude blades you won't have to interrupt your trip to clear ice and snow from wiper blade frames, only to have them freeze again. You can check the presentation of this product here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqMcVY7FKqk

Rain-X® - Latitude™ Wiper Blade

Another wiper blades Rain-X offers are Weatherbeater™ 22" Wiper Blade.

Rain-X® - Weatherbeater™ Wiper Blade

Also Rain-X develops a line of related glass care products. Because Rain-X Glass Treatment requires the glass surface to be perfectly clean, Rain-X X-treme Clean is the perfect glass cleaner. It removes dirt, grime, and bugs, plus build-up that other cleaners leave behind, from glass and clear plastic. Rain-X 2-In-1 Glass Cleaner not only cleans, it also applies a rain repellent to improve wet weather driving. Click here to see how exactly it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTpfaxI5DSI

Rain-X® - Glass Treatment

Check an article on our website to learn more about these products: The Importance of Winter Wiper Blades

And are you ready for the winter?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chevy Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 30th, 14, 06:07 AM
Senior Tech
Mark

Garage
Re: The Importance of Winter Wiper Blades and Glass Treatment

Rain-X makes my OEM wipers chatter.

Mark 70 Z28 M22 3.73 Z21 Z87 - Lunati 20120121 Roller Cam

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 30th, 14, 06:33 AM
Senior Tech
kevin

I use meguiars spray wax on all my glass. water beads up just like rainx

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 14, 01:13 AM Thread Starter
Mike

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us, guys. COPO, problem might be with wipers - they should be checked every six months. Most common wiper problem is streaking, it occurs when the rubber squeegee dries, hardens and cracks. It can also be caused by tree sap, road tar and other foreign substances collected on either the glass or the blade. Rain-X treatment is one of the most popular products we sell and we always get positive feedback.

Chevy Camaro

|
|
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 14, 10:57 AM
Senior Tech
TJ

Garage

rain-x is good! I do question who would be driving a Camaro in the snow in the winter... = deathtrap
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 14, 01:59 PM
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttwo View Post
rain-x is good! I do question who would be driving a Camaro in the snow in the winter... = deathtrap
Just Canucks. lol

capt

Bumper sticker- I'm not SPEEDING
I'm QUALIFYING!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 15, 03:27 AM Thread Starter
Mike

Now when snowy season has arrived, it's especially important to stay safe and keep road visibility on the highest level. We are here to remind you about wiper blades and their importance in every drivers life.

Finding the right blades that fit the shape, size, and curve of your windshield is not a simple task. Don't wait until bad weather will knock in your door. Get a fresh set of window wipers beforehand!

Be winter smart and don't risk your safety and the safety of your passengers. Millions of drivers all over the world prefer Rain-X wipers over the others. Follow this link to find all Rain-X products: Rain-X | Glass Repellent, Wiper Blades, Car Care Products - CARiD.com

Leave your inquiries below to become one of them!

Chevy Camaro

|
|
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 15, 12:55 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

I do like the Rain-X on my DD.....however, I find myself watching the water beads running up the windshield rather than watching the road.....been lucky so far

As for the Wipers....PITA to install the adapter in a 2014 Silverado

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 15, 01:50 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
George

I use Rainx on the camaro just in case because I know the wipers aren't the best even with brand new blades. Saves on needing intermediate speeds if you happen to get caught in a sprinkle.

We all try to avoid it but sometimes it just happens...

Sold:
1968 Base hardtop 250 with a P̶G̶ built 2004r
Offy intake
Holley 390 CFM carb
Langdon split header to a 2.5" exhaust
Mild cam
Custom interior
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 15, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
Mike

Thanks for sharing your feedback, guys! If anyone else is interested - feel free to send me PM with your zip code and email address included!

Chevy Camaro

|
|
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 15, 02:44 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Greg

Garage

[QUOTE=DOUG G;3369145]I do like the Rain-X on my DD.....however, I find myself watching the water beads running up the windshield rather than watching the road.....been lucky so far

LMAO X2 here.

Only other major problem with Rainx that I have noticed is that it makes my windows fog up ridiculously!

'68 Camaro with RS conversion
Moser 9" with 4:11
Martz Chassis 4-link and Front Sub-frame
Tremec T-56 Magnum 6 speed
572 BB - CM Engines
Wilwood 6 piston front and 4 piston rear disc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode