Team Camaro Tech banner

Pro-Street SS Exhaust my first time.

5K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  1969ProStreetCamaro 
#1 ·
Thanks to Jason at BSM exhaust for the help with purchasing and some hints of the trade its in. Need to remove and bench weld the remainder.Pypes sent two different mufflers and thanks again to Jason he got them straightened ouy will have another Race-Pro muffler Yuesday.I'm not the best at tig weldin but it wont leak anyway the welds may look a little better when I polish the pipe.Heres some pics.

this one the clamps are temporary on the muffler..

Thanks again to Jason at BSM a real true and down to eart helpfull guy....

See less See more
#3 ·
No not totaly done need to finish the wedls and change the one muffler to a Race-Pro Pypes sent the wrong muffler. It will be a little while before I start it again I need to change the fuel Punp do the interior before I take it off the lift.My interior panels bolt in from the bottom,and before I put them in I am going to put some more second skin sound deadining that should be here this week.

#8 ·
Thanks Jason for the compliment and all your help..Is the 55 Truck finished is it yours or a customers.Is that a X pipe who makes that one kinda odd looking is that a stock application for another vehicle or something..This is like a run on question no need to get to involved just ramling my fingers.

#10 ·
Thats a complete one off fabricated system from the manifolds back using 2.25" stainless mandrel bends with MagnaFlow X pipe and mufflers. Off the down pipes I put in 2 y pipes and electric cutouts into 3" pipes that sneak out under the running board where they meet the front fenders. Sounds rude...This ones mine, not a customers for a change..

#11 ·
Dave, your exhaust looks great. You did a nice job. You need to put a level on the left side pipe. It looks crooked or something. Just kidding. I hope you like the kick downs in the back. I used to have them but I got tired of pulling in parking lots with alot of dust. It would throw it everywhere. But if yours is high enough it might not be to bad.

#19 ·
Hate to say it Dave but I beat the hell out of my $600.00 headers. I have Hooker Super Comps and the passenger side sits lower that the drivers side. Every time I went into a steep driveway or gas station I would drag them. I hate the gas stations because the under ground tank lids sit higher than the concrete. Just make sure you go around them when you are getting gas. My car was so low a coke can when it rolled under the car it would hit the headers.

I was running like a 25-3/4" front tire and I replaced them with some MT 28" tires. That helped alot. MT makes 2 different size tires. My old pictures shows the old tires and when I put my new rims on I will post some pictures. They raised my frontend about 1-1/2" higher. I tried to figure out a way to raise the frontend and the tires were the easiest. Bad thing for you is you have new front tires. I dont know what you have but if they can be replaced with the 28" tire I would do it before I beat the hell out of my new fantastic pretty exhaust.

Now if you have some Lemmons headers they are tucked up better. I think 1969prostreetcamaro ( david ) was buying a set. They are expensive but worth the money.

#23 ·
Hate to say it Dave but I beat the hell out of my $600.00 headers. I have Hooker Super Comps and the passenger side sits lower that the drivers side. Every time I went into a steep driveway or gas station I would drag them. I hate the gas stations because the under ground tank lids sit higher than the concrete. Just make sure you go around them when you are getting gas. My car was so low a coke can when it rolled under the car it would hit the headers.

I was running like a 25-3/4" front tire and I replaced them with some MT 28" tires. That helped alot. MT makes 2 different size tires. My old pictures shows the old tires and when I put my new rims on I will post some pictures. They raised my frontend about 1-1/2" higher. I tried to figure out a way to raise the frontend and the tires were the easiest. Bad thing for you is you have new front tires. I dont know what you have but if they can be replaced with the 28" tire I would do it before I beat the hell out of my new fantastic pretty exhaust.

Now if you have some Lemmons headers they are tucked up better. I think 1969prostreetcamaro ( david ) was buying a set. They are expensive but worth the money.

Mike you are correct. I am buying a set of Lemons Headers.Part # BBPT-600. They are about 2 weeks away from completion. Yes, they are expensive but the design of the headers is what sold me. All of the tubes are designed to fit inside the frame and the collector portion of the header sits higher than the oil pan. Spark plug clearance is excellent even with 2 1/4" tubes. They are also designed to work with either non power or power steering boxes and the even make a set to work with the DSE steering box.

#25 ·
prostreet(Mike),

I had so much trouble from #5 plug that I had to use a Accel "shorty" spark plug but I still had difficulty being able to remove and replace the plug even with a socket that has the hex on top of it to use with an open end wrench:mad:

#27 ·
Prostreet ( David )

I took the same socket and cut about 1/2" so it was easier to get over the plug. Then using the wrench on the end of it is a pain. Let me know how your new headers work out.
I will let you know as soon as I get them bolted on :yes:.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.