Team Camaro Tech banner

Cold/warm running

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  victimizati0n 
#1 ·
This may be long winded, sorry!

My '93 V6 was laid up 2 1/2 years ago. It had a mis fire, and when I lifted the bonnet (sorry HOOD!) in the dark the passenger side exhaust manifold was glowing red hot. I suspected a burnt out plug as I had suffered from this before, after the engine over heated. It had overheated several times at this point.

Well time/money/committments meant I didn't have the chance to sort her out. However, I've just fitted a new set of plugs and she fired up for the first time in those 2 1/2 years. Ran sweet as a nut until she warmed up, then missing like a good'un! Full throttle achieved 1500rpm to 2000rom, then dropped top just 1000! There was a bit of a rattle from the Cat area too.

I know these cars/engines are bristling with sensors so I'm guessing one isn't working, or is because there's a problem, stopping the motor rev when it's warm.

Is this possible, and if so which one?

I've had a quick look at other posts and see that the MAF sensor can cause these sorts of symptoms?? Am I in the right area? Where is the MAF sensor? (I believe disconnecting it, or tapping it, may manifest a problem??)

Apart from that, any other ideas???

I'm in England so my local garage won't have a clue about my Camaro, or any diagnostic software........:(

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.