Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

Does anybody know 0-60 times or 1/4 mile run for (all) stock small block and/or big block 1st gen Camaro's? I have searched the net, but did not found anything.....

Thanks alot...
David

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
there are some in one issue of the "Camaro Enthusiast" magazine that I have. Goodness though I don't know where I put it. They had an article in which they pieced together a bunch of different 0-60 and quarter mile info from old magazines running the cars off the showroom floor in the 60s.

Don't quote me on this, but I seem to recall something about an L78 equipped car being able to muscle its way to around 7.4 seconds. In fact, I seem to recall that most of the times were right around the 7 second mark for the Z & big block cars. The SS350 was a little slower... high 7 seconds - 8 seconds. Sorry, I know I posted some of these times in one of the forums sometime ago.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx boodlefoof

·
Registered
269 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CamaroNOTcamero:
isnt that kinda slow? i would have thought them to be in the 3-4 second range.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

0 to 60 times are all about low end grunt and hooking up. Cars with a lot of power and little traction run more respectable times in the 1/4 mile because they have a little more time to make up for a bad start. But blow the takeoff on a 0to60 run and you might as well stop right there.

Can you imagine taking, say, a Corvette Z06 and replacing its rear 295/40-18 tires with a 205/70 14 (about what came stock on early Camaros)? You can bet its 0to60 time would slow down quite a bit from the 4.0 sec it runs now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts