Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Current problem... idles fine, starts fine. After about a mile down the road every time in every gear, it starts to lose all power... unless the accelerator pedal is completely to the floor i have no power.

I have replaced the fuel filter, all plugs & wires, oil change within the last 1k miles, replaced O2 sensors.

The car is not receiving fuel unless pedal is all the way down, any thoughts?

car has 100k on it

·
Registered
609 Posts
Maybe a plugged cat converter? I had a Buick Century a few years back that ran perfect with no codes until you tried to go up steep hills and had no power to do so, and that's what that needed, good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check engine light has been on since i bought the car at 60k its on because it throws the same exhaust code for not having cats... before i replaced my O2 sensor it threw a code for that, then it threw a code for a random misfire, post tune up no new codes same problem

·
Registered
261 Posts
Is this a new problem? Was it running okay with the exhaust codes?
Maybe screen on fuel pump is clogged or pumps on its way out? I think you can check the fuel pressure somehow. (Just a guess on the pump)

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
If it doesn't have cats, unless the rear 02 sensors were turned off, it will throw codes and mess with the fuel trim.

It sounds like idle air control which is always an issue on Ls motors. Does it have a cam or aftermarket parts?

I would go to someone who knows how to tune, and have them hook their lap too up to the computer and see what's going on in real time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, this is the first time i have ever had an issue with the car. It ran excellent before its current state; even with the exhaust code 0400.
It is a stock LS1.. no Cam, just after market exhaust (installed 2 years ago)

I have been to two different mechanics, i think i might take it to a chevy dealership

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Did anything change such as the computer being without power for an extended period of time? If it was told at one point to ignore the cats and then dumped that program and had to relearn from baseline it would be an issue in my opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts