Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after trying and trying, I have come to the conclusion that my 04 GTO seats will not fit a 1st gen. They are to wide, and thick. We tried everything and it was a no go at all. Just thought I'd let you know so you dont waste a bunch of time and money on these. Sure wish they would work though man they are nice!!!!
Mike

·
Registered
719 Posts
That is surprising when you consider the interior size of a 1st gen to an 04 GTO interior. How much too wide? Dont know what you mean by too thick.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mickey,
They are to wide and will not fit down between the hump and the door area. When we sat on them to try and get them in between the door sill and the tranny hump they hang up on the power seat equipment. I think the GTO's must be flatter in between there. You could mount them but they would not be able to move forward or backwards. On the thick park they are so padded that when we did get it sat down my car being a convertable my nose was above the window top. So I think in a coupe your head would be against the top. These seats are at least twice as thick as the stockers when placed side to side they are a good 4" taller. But in a Chevelle????

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never thought of that but yea that would work....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts