Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All - My parents bought this one in 1968 when my Dad returned from Vietnam. I was not even 2 when my years began in this Chevy. Dad shipped it to Germany when we were stationed there through my 4th birthday. I drove it in high school & half of college until the heat of idling in Atlanta traffic made it unbearable so it went back to Dad in Ohio for 10 more years until it came back to the Peach State for good and a bay in the garage for 20+ more years.

My resto is now beginning. Rich
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
68 Base Camaro 355 Offy crossram Richmond Super Street close ratio 5 spd ivy gold 92K SoCal car
3,038 Posts
Welcome Rich! Great car and great history. Most of us will never know the joy of having a car in the family 50 years, congrats!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Nice ride you have there. Good to hear it's getting ready for family adventures again. Great back story. Good luck. And Welcome to the site.

Reactions: RichAtlanta

·
Super Moderator
33,570 Posts
Welcome to the club Correct year
As said, good story.
Create a log on the Camaro and write on any changes, extra work, and any work done. It will be a good reference later in life.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Great story - thank you for sharing.

Reactions: RichAtlanta

·
Premium Member
15,057 Posts
All - My parents bought this one in 1968 when my Dad returned from Vietnam. I was not even 2 when my years began in this Chevy. Dad shipped it to Germany when we were stationed there through my 4th birthday. I drove it in high school & half of college until the heat of idling in Atlanta traffic made it unbearable so it went back to Dad in Ohio for 10 more years until it came back to the Peach State for good and a bay in the garage for 20+ more years.

My resto is now beginning. Rich View attachment 290908
As a one owner to another, one owner, I would like to welcome you to the site. I would also like to invite you to the Original Owners thread, in the Bench Racing section of the site. In that thread we like to see the vintage photos of your Camaro, from back in the day, before it was a classic. Your Camaro looks great, from what we’ve seen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That’s is great to know there is such a group! I welcome the invitation! Thanks - Rich
As a one owner to another, one owner, I would like to welcome you to the site. I would also like to invite you to the Original Owners thread, in the Bench Racing section of the site. In that thread we like to see the vintage photos of your Camaro, from back in the day, before it was a classic. Your Camaro looks great, from what we’ve seen.

·
Registered
2 Posts

My resto is now beginning. Rich View attachment 290908
A very nice car and a good family history, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome to the site. Nice car. I would keep the restoration to bare minimum. It’s only original once. Keep it safe to drive. Leave it alone, unless Fred Flinstone is in the house. More pictures pleas. Tearing it to pieces might not be a great idea.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts