Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Angie's car has a non-original 8.5 inch 10 Bolt under it. It is currently a 2.73 open, so everything inside is junk. How hard is it to make a 8.5 10 bolt strong, and what do I have to do to it? I know that 10 bolts las a long time if they are built right, but what upgrades should I do to make it tough? Should I just cut down the Mopar 8 3/4 that I already have? I know it is very strong. Should I hunt up a Ford 9 inch? Spend even more for a 12 bolt?

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Imho, it really need's to either have a real 10 OR 12-bolt under it, just like stock...

But that's just me........

pdq67

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing's going to be stock here. The axle will like hang off a DSE kit.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
843 Posts
angie's mechanic....

please, before you cut the 8-3/4, do a search in this forum for "8.5"; eleven pages of posts that i too am in the process of reading. a ton of great info from big gearhead. (and if it comes to it i'll even help fund a new moser for angie by taken that 8-3/4 off your hands!)

·
Registered
6,028 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
angie's mechanic....

please, before you cut the 8-3/4, do a search in this forum for "8.5"; eleven pages of posts that i too am in the process of reading. a ton of great info from big gearhead. (and if it comes to it i'll even help fund a new moser for angie by taken that 8-3/4 off your hands!)
It's a B body rear with a 489 case. What would you do with that?

I'm still thinking about it. I may just go 9".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts