Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand the difference between a 10 & 12 bolt rear end. Is there any performance ordifference between the two? If so which is better? I have a 67 SS Convert. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gambler:
I understand the difference between a 10 & 12 bolt rear end. Is there any performance ordifference between the two? If so which is better? I have a 67 SS Convert. Thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might want to toss in other environment variables the Camaro is subjected to when calculating things like performance with 10 or 12 bolt rear ends.

I would have to say is that there is not much difference unless your going a 150+ MPH and the differential gear cluster explodes.

The race fans aren't as likely to get hit with shrapnel if you get the 12 bolt.

I think the same gears fit in either one and it is my understanding that they are interchangeable.

Haven't worked on a car in years but I use to be a smog tech. And I have built 3 Camaro's so far. Two 67s and One 68.

Stopping by this web site has got me going on Camaros again. Thanks.

I just wrote a whole page explaining the performance issues throughout the automobile.
I'll post it later along with my favorite Camaro race story.

Good luck with your Camaro.

I just typed positraction into the msn.com search engine and found tons of resources that could help answer your questions.

·
Registered
175 Posts
12 bolt internals and 10 bolt are not interchangeable. Maybe some shims, bearings and seals but not much else. The axles are different also.

·
Registered
80 Posts
10 bolt ring gears use ten bolts to mount ring gear,12 bolts use....... twelve bolts.The diameter of the ring gear is also different,8.250(?) & 8.875.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts