Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine just bought a '99 SS and he wanted me to post this. He's done some basic mods, Borla catback, dual highflow cats, K&N whisper intake, hypertech chip and he just bought a dry system and wants to know if he would experience any problems running a 100hp through the engine occasionaly on the street/strip. I said probrobly not, the T56's are good for about 460-475ft lbs. of torque, but I wasnt sure about the engine, fuel delivery and the rear end, would a 100 shot be fine on the 5.7 with just those mods? or would it be pushing it?

------------------
1990 Camaro IROC-Z 305 TPI.

www.geocities.com/camaromandan/home.html

·
Registered
565 Posts
I don't know much about the Dry systems but I had a 150HP shot on my 1988 Camaro 350 and the motor was fine up to 100k and then some.
I injected fuel and nitrous behind the throttle body.
From what I have read you should only spray computer controlled cars at full throttle.
With just a chip and some exhaust and intake upgrades you should have no problem spraying but be careful if you have altered the timing. You don't want to back fire through the intake.
I would contact the manufacture of the kit and ask them what they recomend for usage.

------------------

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
i remember reading a nitrous install on an LS1 powered Z28 a few years ago, and they simply drilled a hole in the intake duct right in front of the MAF meter. this made the computer automatically add more fuel when it sensed the extra oxygen from the nitrous- nothing else had to be done. i have heard of big shots of nitrous going thru these engines with no problems.

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16" IROC wheels
see pics here http://community.webshots.com/user/novaderrik

1 - 3 of 3 Posts