Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 10DN alternator (ext reg) that was rebuilt last year and I never used it. I heard something rattling in the case and took it apart. There are two springs laying in the case. Anyone rebuild alternators ??? Trying to figure out where the two springs go. :clonk:

·
Premium Member
8,048 Posts
They're the brush springs. Likely popped out when you took it apart.

Does it look something like this?

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, thanks George. Yes the springs look like the ones in the pic. So they must of popped off then like you said. Now I have to figure out where exactly the brushes go. I should of left it in tact LOL

·
Registered
784 Posts
the brushes go in a white plastic piece that is mounted at the back of the alternator. If you look from the back of the case you will see a small hole that goes through the case and lines up with the plastic piece in side. take the brushes and push them spring first in the plastic piece you get a paper clip straitening it and put it from the back of the casing and you will see two holes that go across the the two brushes , push the wire through them and that will hold the brushes from fowling out while you putting the alternator together..I hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Nick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts