Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the 10-bolt that was installed years ago, and now am reinstalling my 12-bolt. The problem is that the 2 u-joints go through the driveshaft part, but the bolt threads do not line up wit the 12-bolt's
bracket on the front of the rearend (for connecting the u-joints). In other words, I can slip the u-bolts through the drive shaft bracket but not the rear end bracket. Or, is my advance age beginning to show here?
Any help appreciated.

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Most likely you are trying to mate a 1310 u-joint to a 1330/1350 yoke.
The stock 12-bolt uses a larger u-joint than the 10-bolt.
You can read here on Denny's site to get info - http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/htm...difference between 1310, 1330 and 1350 Series

If you visit the parts store they can sell you a u-joint that has one size on one cross shaft and the other on the other cross shaft.
BGH on the site can also get you the correct parts to do the fit-up.

Hope this helps;
John

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
The 10 bolt uses a 1310 u joint. Most of the 12 bolt rear ends also used the 1310, but some had the more heavy duty 1330 u joint. You probably have the 1330 yoke on the 12 bolt and 1310 u joint on the drive shaft. The straps that hold the u joint to the yoke will have the holes closer together for the 1310 u joint. You need to get new straps and a conversion u joint. Most auto parts stores have what you need. NAPA owuld probably be the best place to go. Auto Zone, O'Rileys and some of the big chain stores can't get you anything if it isn't in their computer, so you will probably just get a blank stare if you ask them for these parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts