Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I there a front disc brake conversion method or kit that will allow running 14" front wheels?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
The original 69 single piston caliper system will allow 14" rims, however I think it will only work with certain rims made for this application, SS, or Z/28 style.

TTFN
Mat

·
Registered
771 Posts
And you have to use OE caliper brackets. The repops will need to be ground down for use with most OE or replacement 14" wheels.
Scarebird makes some smaller brackets to put smaller rotors on which work with 14" wheels.
OE caliper brackets will work with OE disc brake wheels and most aftermarket 14" disc brake wheels. Junkyard only parts (OE caliper brackets).

·
Registered
167 Posts
I installed a SSBC front disc conversion kit about 2 1/2 years ago. I am running Wheel Vintiques 14 X 7 repo rally wheels and it clears fine. I did not need to do any changes to the parts on the kit and have not had any problems with it. Maybe a bit more pricy than some other disc kits, but the materials and instructions were excellent.

·
Registered
336 Posts
You need to use the XG wheels for 68 I'm sure because I just went through it. I don't have the code for 67 or 69 but XG would workfor all three years. They are 14x6 but have like 3 1/2" backspacing. The 4" backspacing will hit. I did need to slightly grind down several high spots on the oe repro caliper brackets but they fit fine after that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts