Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have not posted anything for a while but I wanted to get some opinions on this speedometer in a early 69' Camaro that I saw. I haven't seen one with a blue tint on the numbers like this one has. Is it aftermarket? If it is it looks like it has been in the car for a long time.
Thanks for any input you all can provide. Hopefully I attached the pictures correctly.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,507 Posts
Well it's the same color blueish green of the fuel and 120 mph and KPH versions of the speedometer so its most likely original AC/Delco.

Only real way to tell is to look at the stamp on the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
922 Posts
Hello,

I have not posted anything for a while but I wanted to get some opinions on this speedometer in a early 69' Camaro that I saw. I haven't seen one with a blue tint on the numbers like this one has. Is it aftermarket? If it is it looks like it has been in the car for a long time.
Thanks for any input you all can provide. Hopefully I attached the pictures correctly.
Here's a link to Heartbeat City's '69 NOS example...check it out and you decide!
http://www.heartbeatcitycamaro.com/store/product/22967/Camaro-140-MPH-speedometer-GM-1969/

·
Premium Member
12,507 Posts
Here is the original off my cousins COPO which left for Arizona without it. I rebuilt it in the 80's with the intent to use it as a temp in mine while I rebuilt my 120mph. I never used it. They go for four grand these days so don't ask. It's a family heirloom :)

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies! Looks like it may be a real one... adds to the list of unusual things on this car. It was found not far from where Fred Gibb Chevrolet used to be and has been in the area for years but it is Pre-X code and before any of the COPO VIN #'s began. Has the original "BU" 12 bolt still in it. Too bad it wasn't a "BE".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.