Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May be a stupid question but here goes,
I was at a local car show and seen a nice 68 vert with a new canvas top and new interior. I spoke to the owner about who did the work and how much did it cost. He said the company that did the top, did the trunk area and includes new dash pad and complete interior. He said it cost 14. Did he mean thousand or hundred?. One seems too low but one seems way too high.:confused:

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure sounds cheap to me. The whole interior and trunk area and a canvas top!!
Going to definitily speak to this company

·
Gold Lifetime Member
856 Posts
Hey Steve, was it the red '68 at the Ontario Camaro club display at Performance World? If so, I was talking to that guy as well, I really liked the canvas top. I didn't ask how much it was, though, but he did mention he'd had a few compliments on it. $1400 does seem awfully cheap for the top and the interior, although the 2005 Classic Industries catalog had the "complete convertible standard interior kit" with pre-assembled door panels for $919.95, that's not including the top or the trunk area... I take it the price he said was installed? If so that's quite a deal.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Mike, Good to hear from ya!
It was the red one. That top really caught my eye. Definitely going with canvas!
Maybe I misunderstood cause that sounds to good to be true. That was the installed price! The wife was with me and she heard him too. Maybe just the top. I will check it out for sure.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spoke to the interior guy yesterday and his prices are as follows;
1. New canvas top with glass window installed-$2000.00
2. Cover seats front and back Labour only-$1000.00. I supply material.
3. Carpet,doors rear seat side areas-1000.00. I supply material.
Sounds pricey to me but he sure does nice work.
Seems to do alot of show cars and I can see why.
What do you guys think.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good old Canadian prices!!
It's probably because he seems to do a lot of high end hotrods and custom work along with marine. You could say that you get what you pay for. On the other hand, someone else could probably do almost as nice a job for less. I don't want a show car but there is nothing wrong with a nice job. I think I will get himto do the top and tackle the rest myself (except the seats).

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi again Mike.
That would be great. I need to shop around because I just found out my engine's all done:hurray: and I guess I need to pay for it:sad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts