Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 68 convertible came with 14" wheels and hubcaps from the factory but I bought some 15 X 7 rallys to put on. Does anyone know of any reason why these would not fit. Car is all stock with no mods.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
The "wheels" will fit fine. You make no mention of the size tires you will be mounting...the higher and wider you go, the more risk of rubbing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,
Can anyone reccommend a good tire size for these wheels, that will not rub but will look nice and meaty on the road?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Most folks can run 245 or 255 60's on rear, 225 or 235 on front. If you want equal size around a good size is 235's all the way around for a meaty look. Do a search on the site..the size question has been beat back and forth for years now. Jee Kz, just beat me to it

·
Registered
87 Posts
IF YA GOT THE FACTORY STOCK SUSPENSION I RECOMMEND YOU PUT A PAIR OF 235/60 ON THE FRONT WHEELS , THEN CHECK ALL CLEARANCES & IF OK LEAVE AS IS & INTALL 245 ON OTHER PAIR!! IF RUBBING OCCURS THEN PUT THAT PAIR OF 235 /60 ON THE REAR OF CAR OF WHEELS & THEN INSTALL 225/60 ON THE OTHER PAIR & INSTALL THEM ON FRONT.

·
Registered
153 Posts
235/60 rear
215/60 front

I put some cooper cobras on the look and ride great, this tire is a "handling type tire" really grabs the road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts