Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Read through many posts here and couldn't find an answer.

Anyone running the 69 - 76 15 x 8 Corvette ralley wheels on their first gen Camaro? Any issues? Do you have stock spindles or aftermarket? Front drum or disc?

I've seen several with 15 x 7 front and 15 x 8 rear. Have also seen one with 15 x 8 on all corners but the car sat high (to prevent rubbing perhaps?). Would really like to use these, but want to ensure they fit first.

Thanks!

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,360 Posts
I don't think they'd work out to well with the 4" backspace in the front.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just took delivery of my 67, the PO, a friend of mine, had them on all the way around and had to take the fronts off due to rubbing. They are still on the back now, and I don't like the way they look on there, like was said, it looks high. I got the original set of 14" rallys with the purchase, and that's what I'm putting back on until I can buy some 18s.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Read through many posts here and couldn't find an answer.

Anyone running the 69 - 76 15 x 8 Corvette ralley wheels on their first gen Camaro? Any issues? Do you have stock spindles or aftermarket? Front drum or disc?

I've seen several with 15 x 7 front and 15 x 8 rear. Have also seen one with 15 x 8 on all corners but the car sat high (to prevent rubbing perhaps?). Would really like to use these, but want to ensure they fit first.

Thanks!
Here they are on my 68. They rub at big bumps and sharp turns. I have them on for 7 years now. From what I understand, if you have drum brakes iun the front, it will not rub. I have disks...
Kev

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showpost.php?p=748832&postcount=76

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
A few pictures:

Details
15x8 wheels
235/60/15 BFG tires.
Hotchkiss front springs.
Rear springs are stock mono leafs.
Front disc brakes.
Rear drum brakes.

Rubs on very big bumps and tight to lock left or right turns. Rubbing might not be as much of an issue with a stiffer shock, I have $12.00 cheapo shocks in front.

My 68: With mono leafs, cal tracks, stock springs in front no rubbing at all!

Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts