Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the Camaro 15 x 8 Ralley wheels the same as the Corvette 15 x 8 Ralley Wheels? Is there a difference in offset?

PAT68

·
Registered
217 Posts
15x8 Rallye wheels were not available on the first gen cars if that's what you are referring to. The Biggest they came in was a 15X7 from the factory. The standard BS for a 15x7 wheel on the camaros is 4.5" I have 15x8's with 4.5" BS on my 69 Z28, and technically they are a Corvette Rallye with a custom offset, but 95% of the population doesn't know that. The Normal Corvette offset was 4.0".

------------------
Shawn Peterson
1969 Z28, 406SB

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Shawn. I asked this because the (Corvette) Rallye wheels stick out too much on my 67 SS 350 Coupe. I also have a problem with this wheels on the rear. The inner side of the steel wheel touches the disk brake caliper. So now I'm running with 15 x 8 Rallye's (225-60-15) in front, and 15 x 8 aluminium Corvette knock-offs (235-70-15) on the rear... not a pretty sight!

PAT68

·
Registered
63 Posts
Whats with 15x8 in the fronts???? I thought it was normal to have smaller wheels in front like 15x6 or 5 Just my opinion

------------------
1970 chevelle ss
want 69 z28 BADLY

·
Retired
26,617 Posts
Economic reasons come to mind. Even tire wear, being able to rotate tires front to back and handeling. Corner carving is a performance reason for having all 4 the same size. Most cars come off the factory with the same size on all 4 corners for these same reasons. If straight line is your thing, small in the front fat in the rear is the way to go! Both are totaly acceptable... <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buddy:
Whats with 15x8 in the fronts???? I thought it was normal to have smaller wheels in front like 15x6 or 5 Just my opinion
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
...DjD
69 Ragtop
www.fbody.com/members/topless69

1 - 8 of 8 Posts