Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched with no luck. Anyone have 15x10" wheels on the rear of a '68 with stock chassis and no mini tubs that fit okay? If so what backspace and can you post a pic?

Thanks.
Jim

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have 18x9 Foose Legends with 5.5" back spacing. Tires are 275/40/R18. With my mono leaf springs they would just rub with backseat passengers or full tank of gas and adult front seat passenger. :sad:

If I would have tried backseat passengers and full tank of gas, I would have been buying new tires!! The side wall would have been cut with any bump in the road.

I switched to multi leaf springs which ultimately lifted the car one inch and so far so good.....no rubbing!!

I really doubt a 10'' wheel will fit under the wheel wells. Just to wide IMO!

·
Registered
794 Posts
You will need at least a 5.5 bs or even 5.75. I'm interested to know what tires you are looking to run as well, you could have problems.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You will need at least a 5.5 bs or even 5.75. I'm interested to know what tires you are looking to run as well, you could have problems.
Until last week, I had a set of 15x8 Weld Prostars on the rear (one set with Hoosier 28x10.5 slicks; one set with MT 275/60 drag radials). They fit great. I just bought a set of 15x8 Billet Specialties Street Lites. I'd like to use them for the street and put a set of 15x10's on for the track. I'd like to mount my Hoosier slicks on the 15x10's to give a little more stability at the top end.

they do stick out a tad on each side but i like the look. dont mind the (el loco) or the single mud flap !! this was the first day i got the car home!!!LOL
Thanks for the pics. They don't look too bad I'm going to test fit a set of 15x10s to be sure. I have Caltrac split mono leafs which don't squat on launch, so if the tire is an inch or so out of the wheel well, I just need to be sure they wont rub.

Anyone have more pics of 15x10s mounted?

Jim

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I had 28-10 slicks mounted on 15X10 wheels w/5" backspace. About 1/2" clearance on the inside. Worked fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts