Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Im having some trouble deciding on what to do here. I want to put rally wheels on my 66 vette. Rally wheels were not an option for 66. I need your help! I know 15x6 will work because they were stock on a 67. I know 15x7 AG will work( stock on a 68) and this is the only 15x7 that will work due to the back space 3.750 I think. I obviously can run a touch bigger tire with the 15x7. The problem is I dont have any 15x7 AG wheels. Anyone have any?

I tried a 15x7 FW wheel with 4.25 BS and it is almost touching my parking brake cable bracket in the rear. I may have 1/16th clearnace, way to close!! With a tire on there it will get cut for sure!! So these are not a option

I do have 2 15x6 YS wheels and would need 2 more?

What do you guys think and what would you do?

Thanks for your help:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
A 1966 Corvette is a beautiful sweet lookin' car for sure! The issue here is that the 1966 is a "tweener " (in betweener) The 15x7 Rally's came on the scene on Camaro's & Firebird's if I recall in 1967 and as you said on the 1967 Corvette as well.
I think tehre were some Mark IV big block parts that were "tweeners" for 1966 and from what I remember reading that went for some 327 Meeces/Mouseys/Mice aka small blocks as well.

1/16" is WAY TOO CLOSE close for my comfort. I would go w/ the 15x6 Rally's....and I definitely do not consider myself a Corvette expert.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Do they have to be original rallys or are you willing to use some repro's? I'm not sure on overall fitment, but Wheel Vintiques does have 15x7 vette rally wheels with 4" BS or 3.75" BS. If you wanted to mock them up before you buy some, you could pick up some wheel spacers (or just use some nuts on the wheel studs) to see where the 15x7 would sit with 4" or 3.75" BS.

I lack patience, so if I couldn't find some YS or AG wheels, I'd just order up some repro's and not tell anyone...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts