Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know of a company that makes the stock 15x7 rally rims? i tried wheel vintiques i didnt see them, any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
Wheel vintiques does sell them.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I found by ordering a few wheels that several distributors sell rallys that are actully Wheel Vintiques. You often can't tell from the catalog or from the part number if they use a part number system unique to their business inventory. Mine arrived in Wheel Vintiques boxes with part numbers. They are easy to find at Jegs or Summit with the popular sizes/backspace. They are normally (but not always) below the Camaro specialty dealer pricing with free shipping as a bonus. Alternate plan is to use the wheels to boost your order amount and qualify for free shipping and volume discounts from the specialty sites.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Wheel Vintiques have had QC issues (may have been fixed by now) and are NOT hub-centric like OE rallys. I had a set on my 68 and chased a vibration that turned out to be a bad wheel from WV, and having all the force on the lug studs isn't ideal either.

Kelsey Hayes still makes the OE style, hub-centric wheels; Year One sells them: http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/fbshopmain2.asp?cat=8

I would take a nice used set of GM rallys over a set of WV wheels.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
was just looking at the Year one page is this wheel made by Kelsey Hayes? UR689 Individual 15 x 7 Rally wheel. New GM. $99.00

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think you may find they are no longer available,as I tried to order some recently.
I picked up a couple of good FW coded wheels they are 15x7 4.25 backspacing the same as 69 Z/28 I think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts