Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to have a set of rims made for me and can chose between 15x8 or 15x10 for the rear. What would be the best backspacing you would recommend not to rub anything with a stock setup - note: overhang out the wheel well is not a concern but I would like as minimal as possible.

Thanx
T

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Probably 3.75" just like stock b/c if you put a 295 on it, it will clear but the rearend will have to be raised up about 4" or so using coil-overs so the outside of the tire will clear!

This is b/c the bottom shock mount CAN'T tuck up inside the inner rim like it can on a 17" rim!

All this info is here if you want to do a search....

B/c I've posted it before as have a bunch of other guys too.

pdq67

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
I meant 3.75" b/s b/c the 295's section width will overhang/bulge a 9" wide rim.

A narrower tire section width-wise can get by w/ some more b/s.

Do a search here for CHP's links to their old mag article that deals w/ this..

pdq67

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK - so its time to order - I am going with 15x8's and will be using 255/60/15's but may go bigger in the future. Also I'd prefer to bolt up and go at this time without suspension mods. With all that bring said - what backspacing. The prefab choices are 3.75 & 4.75, but I can custom order whatever is the concensus. Thanx again for all the input.

oh yeah and overhang is not an issue for me I like both looks

edit - these rims will be for the rear only btw

1 - 5 of 5 Posts