Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put the 17" wheels from a 92` LT 1-Corvette on my 69`Camaro.
With 8,5" wheels (perhaps tires 235/45)for the front and 9,5" (255 or 275 tires) at the rear. I think I have to use spacers because of the backspacing.
Now a buddy told me, that the Corvette wheels have a special design (?) so that they will not fit the Camaro (perhaps).
Does anybody know something about my problem ?
Which tire sizes could I use ?
What backspacing should I have ?

------------------
69`Camaro, 92`LT 1 / TH 700

·
Registered
722 Posts
Markus, I knew I saw this once, it took a while to dig it up. In the May/June '95 issue of the (now defunct) U.S. Camaro club, they show a white '69 with '93 'vette wheels. Looks really nice! They used 1" spacers up front with 8.5 wheels and 255-45-17 tires. In the rear, they used 2" spacers with 9" wheels and 275-40-17 tires. The guy who owned the car is Bruce Eckstein, and it was done at a place called Exotic Concepts. It did not say where they were located and if any other modifications were done to the car. You could try to contact the (new reformed)World Wide Camaro Club, to see if they had any other info on the shop, or how you could contact Bruce (if he is still a member).
Good Luck!

John

·
Registered
306 Posts
I would like to mention something here about the stress put on the studs when spacers are used. I thought of running the Vette rims but decided against it because of the strength issue.

Joseph

1 - 4 of 4 Posts