Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time for me to buy a set of Slicks for the track and had one question in mind. I run a 17 x 9.5 KDW tire on the street and wanted to get a match set of rims for the micky tompson ET slick. But I wounder if the less side wall will give me less grip than say a normal 15" rim, I can go will either size rim. But the main point is traction,a problem my big block is having and my 2.3 60 foot suck and I cant even floor it without it getting loose on me down the track. please help me select a slick and rim combo

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please friends help, just got off the phone with MT tec and he was saying the new radial ET will have more bite than the old bias ET street, every chevy hp article i read says different, I need help!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I would suggest you go with a 15" rim and the slicks. I tried a 275/40-17 drag radial and it could not even get close to holding. You need sidewall. This was on my 2000 SS 6 speed, blown.

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
I agree go with the 15" rim, you will have a lot more tire selection.

I just bought a set of the ET Street Radials, I have heard nothing but good things about them. My car won't get a chance to test them for quite a while. I can tell you they feel gummy and look great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts