Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 67 RS/SS Camaro. The car came stock with 14 or 15" rims with nasty looking wire spoke hub caps. The car moves, but is lacking lateral performance. I saw a '67 in a Magazine with 17" ZR-1 wheels and the car looked unbelievable! I was wondering if anyone thinks these wheels will not fit under the wheel wells. I have no suspension modifications yet. I have no problem adding a stiffer suspension if that is what it takes. I believe these ZR-1 wheels are 17x9.5 with 275/40/17 tires all around. I checked the bolt pattern and it is 5x4 3/4, so I know it will bolt on. I guess I should also be concerned with clearance in the front. Please comment.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Those wheels have a bunch of backspacing, I'm not sure but I think it's around 7". To run those wheels you will need to get some of those bolt on wheel spacers. Vette Brakes sells them, you'll probably need around a 2" spacer. I was thinking about using these wheels on my car too, but have decided against it. I have a freind who has a 97 or 98 camaro SS with these wheels and I was going to take them off his car, jack my car up so it was at ride level, put the wheels in there where I wanted it and measure the distance from the wheel to the brake and then I would know exacty what wheel spacer to buy. Maybe you could find someone to let you do this.

------------------
68 468 700R4

1 - 2 of 2 Posts