Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting a set of C-5's. I don't think the 18x8 with a 4.5 inch backspace will fit the front of a 69 that's lowered 2". What do you guys think? I may have to do 18x7 in the front and 18x9.5 out back, I really wanted the 8' wheel up front.

·
Registered
26 Posts
they fit on my 69 w/hotchkis 2" lowering springs no problem. had 235/40 on them. but they looked funky w/20" coys in back w/255/35. the side walls were bigger they did look wide though.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Looking at getting a set of C-5's. I don't think the 18x8 with a 4.5 inch backspace will fit the front of a 69 that's lowered 2". What do you guys think? I may have to do 18x7 in the front and 18x9.5 out back, I really wanted the 8' wheel up front.
An 8" wide wheel will fit a 2" lowered '69 all day long with a 235 or 245 tire but I'd rather have more b/s than 4.5"...4.75,or 4.875,or even 5" would be a better choice...but the problem with off-shore wheels is the very limited backspacing availability,probably why I prefer American-made wheels that truly are made and designed to fit these cars perfectly.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
An 8" wide wheel will fit a 2" lowered '69 all day long with a 235 or 245 tire but I'd rather have more b/s than 4.5"...4.75,or 4.875,or even 5" would be a better choice...but the problem with off-shore wheels is the very limited backspacing availability,probably why I prefer American-made wheels that truly are made and designed to fit these cars perfectly.

Yeah, thanks musclecarjohn maybe I'll wait for the new 18" vintage wheelworks or save up for some Rushforths :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Yeah, thanks musclecarjohn maybe I'll wait for the new 18" vintage wheelworks or save up for some Rushforths :thumbsup:
Yes,Eli & Rusty have been talking about the 18" VWW line and I hope to see it sometime this year.Those guys (along with Rushforth) make some fine quality wheels and the best part is they're all nice guys to deal with...easily half the battle nowadays!

Buy quality once and dare to be different...two good rules to live by.

Good luck to you...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've seen both wheels on your car musclecarjohn and your car is KILLER by the way!!!

:beers:

·
Registered
6 Posts
just wanted to tell you great choice going with Coys. For anybody else interested in them just call them up directly and tell them the specs on your car and they will give you the sizes that will fit. I got the c-57's 18x7 up front and 20x8.5 in the back......looks bad ***.
If anybody wants to see my set up just let me know and i'll send a photo. I know that i tried to look around to find a pic of 1st gens with 20's in the rear and i really couldnt find that many photos i just kinda went for it. But if you are thinking about it just let me know. i think it looks great

1 - 9 of 9 Posts